Knock sensor install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock sensor install

all knock sensors are the same correct? i can go pull one off a vtec d16? and can any1 write up a detailed install? from what i understand i need to thread a hole and get a really good connection (no jb weld) and then this is what confuses me, i was told to crack open a wiring harness from a j-yard remove a pin install onto my ecu and run a wire from the ks to the pin......that definantly makes me so if any of you could leave a detailed write up or even pictures would be spectaculous...thanks fellas... btw its for a f22b dohc swap

well the info you were given is almost right. the knock sensor is threaded into the back of the block just below the head and yes you just run a wire to the ecu and plug it in BUT, the wire must be a shielded wire like what the factory runs or the knock sensor will pick up other niose besides the knock it is looking for. i always pull the wire from a factory harness. if you want a cleaner install run the wire to one of the empty holes in one of the plugs on the passenger side shock tower, then run the rest of the wire from the other side of that plug to the ecu, that way if you have to ever pull the motor or harness you have a disconect point. there should be a bung on the back of the block that you could drill and tap or wagalude says you can jb weld a nut to the block also. if i can get a pic for you i'll post it. also i have a knock sensor and the connector and wire to go with it if you want. make me an offer.
    Last edited by turbowagon94; 05-30-2005, 04:27 PM.

Comment

if you can show a picture on how i install the wire to ecu or add that pin, i definantly think i'd 100% understand....a ks and the shielded wire? lemme know if im low balling but is 50-75+shipping good?

Comment

yeah make it an even $80 and that will take care of shipping and we got a deal. i'll try to get you a pic tomorrow. it's not hard i promise. let me know your address and if you want you can paypal me or money order. either one. paypal is ludepower95@sc.rr.com

money order to bryan gary
        802 mark anthony ct.
        west columbia, sc 29170

Comment

Chipped P28... you know you want one...

Comment

yah if you could show me a picture of how i wire it to the ecu then you got a deal

Comment

the wire i believe hes included in the deal is shielded so it should prevent the picking up of other noises... but i have a p14 right now should i just sell it and get another ecu not requiring the ks? im purchasing a p06 down the road anyways when i have the dsm-t setup and leaning more towards crome programming should i just purchase the p06 now and chip it and run it n/a then get it retuned when i have the turbo setup? or would the p28 be less of a hassle at the moment?

Comment

When I got my H22 the factory harness was not a shielded wire for the knock sensor, I knew I should of taped it up or something, my buddy that helped with the install told me thats the way Honda did it leave it alone, sure enough Knock Sensor F**** up.

Comment

Im in a big argument with the guy who installed my motor, actually it's my best friend he said the only covering on the wire was that plastic shit over it to clean up the look. Is that considered a shielded wire, I thought shielded meant it was actually heat shrinked with a coating around the actual wire. Will wrapping it in electrical tape be sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by xlr857
                    Im in a big argument with the guy who installed my motor, actually it's my best friend he said the only covering on the wire was that plastic shit over it to clean up the look. Is that considered a shielded wire, I thought shielded meant it was actually heat shrinked with a coating around the actual wire. Will wrapping it in electrical tape be sufficient.
                    no shielded wire is like coax cable it is shielded in a wire wrap inside of the plastic, almost like steel braided line. it is actually grounded in the wiring harness if you follow it all the way through. the rest are correct you could just buy a chipped ecu and get rid of the ks completely.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DOHC
                      the wire i believe hes included in the deal is shielded so it should prevent the picking up of other noises... but i have a p14 right now should i just sell it and get another ecu not requiring the ks? im purchasing a p06 down the road anyways when i have the dsm-t setup and leaning more towards crome programming should i just purchase the p06 now and chip it and run it n/a then get it retuned when i have the turbo setup? or would the p28 be less of a hassle at the moment?
                      that would not be a bad idea. i'm not just trying to sell you the ks, i would run the chipped ecu since you are gonna have the ability to change it later anyway. you could run the p06 or the p28, i personlly like the p28 but it really is your chioce. midnightracerx could help you with that though.

Comment

Working...
                      X