H22 Cel Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Cel Help

Im having some trouble getting my car running right after this swap. Earlier in the week I would get a code for knock sensor whenever VTEC would engage. After a couple test runs down the side streets VTEC would not work checked codes again. Knock Sensor and Vtec Pressure Switch. OK now I knew why Vtec wasnt working cleared the codes changed the ground. VTEC worked again but still getting Knock Sensor code. Other than that car seemed to run good. Today I have a permanent check engine light when I start the car for the Knock Sensor, the VTEC Pressure switch came on again so I cleared the codes again and did a final run. The only code Im throwing is Knock Sensor, but now I have no VTEC and Im not throwing any VTEC codes. Im stumped.

Also on a side note the car smells like its running real rich is that because the knock sensor is reatrding the timing. And I also have this weird turbo sound on acceleration. Also I dont believe my ECU is in a safe mode I can still rev to 7500 just no VTEC.
    Last edited by xlr857; 05-28-2005, 06:02 PM.

Sometimes the computer can do that thats just how tempermental it is. BUt make sure you have enough oil and enough coolant change that fucktarded knock sensor and reset the ecu and be prepared to fly.

Comment

alright I figured out Im in a full safe mode, can only rev to 6500 with my KS code. I downloaded the flowcharts from the Honda manual Ill see if we can figure this out in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by xlr857
        alright I figured out Im in a full safe mode, can only rev to 6500 with my KS code. I downloaded the flowcharts from the Honda manual Ill see if we can figure this out in the morning.
        just replace the KS already. anytime the CEL comes on, and its engine related.. i.e. TPS, KS, VSS, etc.. vtec will not engage and the ecu goes into "safe" mode. trust me, i noticed my VSS acting up last week; i was saying to myself: "nice, this H22 pulls hard" to "damn, this H22 feels like my old f22b."
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

that turbo sound ur getting is most likely the timing belt wining

Comment

ya,

I had a similar problem. I just gave up on the KS, and once I get my H22 back into my new CB7 I'm giong to buy a Chipped P28 from Busted LX

That way KS is no longer a problem.
            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Its weird though I been throwing the KS code since I put in the motor and VTEC worked fine with that CEL code on. But now its worse. Im going to check for loose connections, I dont want to go on a sensor replacing spree, it's just weird how it works fine 1 minute and bad the next.

Comment

Thanks for all your guys help problem solved. We wired the damn oil presure sensor to the knock sensor pin. Knock sensor was reading oil pressure. Flipped them around and car runs perfect.

Comment

Cool. Glad to see everything worked out. Enjoy the H =D
                  2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                  JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                  My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

hey, i'm having the same problem, but my moto is obd2 and was converted to obd1, will the knock sensor, have the same connector, and if not, can i use a obd1 connector. will it fit in the engine?
                    Boosted H22...Underway....Getting parts, and gaining knowledge....first thing to do is diy body work, and paint....H22 Swap should be doen by the end of this month if all goes right...

Comment

Working...
                    X