H22 swap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 swap ?

Finished the swap today everything is good but a few things.

1)throwing knock sensor code everytime I floor the car. Seems to still run good with the CEL light on.

2) We put 4 quarts of tranny fluid in, the dipstick reads normal level but once in a while it doesnt seem to take off on 1st gear more like 3 or 4. Could this be from the stock auto TCU or should I add more tranny fluid cause thats what it feels like when your low on fluid.

is it a jdm engine? you may need to install a knock sensor. i would not add more trans fluid sounds like a mechanical or adjustment problem. if the fluid level is where it needs to be why would you want to overfill it

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
    cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

Its a jdm motor, we wired the knock sensor in, It doesnt stay on permanantly just when I get up into VTEC range. If I turn the car off and restart it its gone. My manual says it takes 5.3 quarts and we only put 4 in. Im not sure if it's just needs some more. Ive only driven the car a total of maybe 10 miles so it just might need some time to settle in.

Comment

Yeah Ive been reading your threads on the P28 ECU thats probably what Im going to do. Is my car going into safe mode with that code cause it still runs hard with it on. But Ive never been in a H22 accord so Im not sure if theres more to gain. It idles good, Vtec engages pretty hard at around 5000 rpms. Also my motor tachs out around 8100 rpm, will my ECU cut me out before I overrev the motor ? Ive havent taken it any higher than that it seems like alot to me already.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          after 7k the accord's tach CAN be pretty accurate or way off, just seems to vary.....and yes, it may not go into full safe mode, but an overactive knock sensor will SERIOUSLY retard the timing and won't let it run good at all.....and there is no reason to shift higher than 7500ish on your tach, you are just killing your engine and getting way out of the powerband

what if you it your rev limiter more then once a day, I could be killing my engine, whooooaaaawhhoooooo,

Comment

Hey Fizz, will the P28 have any issues with the auto TCU, I remember reading a thread were someone had a chipped P28 with an auto and his car was stuck in second gear or something to that effect.

Im going to try to reinsulate the knock sensor and tape the crap out of it to shield the best I can, we put the heat shrink on the wire right now. So hopefully that will help unless its the sensor itself.
            Last edited by xlr857; 05-23-2005, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X