No announcement yet.

Auto to Manual Swap Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it really that easy? How much would it cost for somebody to do it for you to take the auto one off and add the manule one on

Comment

i did the swap myself no complaints,i used my old auto trans bracket i just drilled out the spot welds and put it in the 5spd place, but i used the 5spd mount. u ask about cost: accord 5spd trany= $250
      clutchmaster and hyd system $75
      pedals $ 40

Comment

Oh, and don't forget to replace the cruise control computer if you want cruise! Then you need to wire up the clutch switch for the cruise. Not difficult, but often overlooked.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

i want to swap to 5spd also. i have never done a swap before so will i have too much trouble doing it alone, with maybe some help from my dad? does the engine need to be pulled first in order to make thing easier?

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

The swap is fairly easy, you just need patience because things always get in the way. And like CPMike will tell you..you need to be creative..its a custom project....use your brain and u will be fine
            ProjectParty.net
            Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

hmm i really want to do it soon since it's summer. i'll have to see if i can find a good tranny and the swap parts. what kind of downtime am i looking to have?

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Bump it up. I am getting more serious about this swap. Anyone have anything to add?

Comment

guys im not sure what ur talkin bout but my auto trans mount bolted in with three bolts.. the manual went in with four.. all holes were there and with reciving nuts.. so im not sure.. the car is a 90 the donar car was a 92... so im lost on this whole welded in thing...so far the only thing im ganna weld is the little round thing on the wall before the clutch line goes to the trans the circle mounts are there but no holes for the bolts so i used self tapin screws til i weld it in tomorrow...

also... does anyone know how to get the nutral safety switch to the clutch pedal.. i dont know where it is... and theres a little box that says AT and i got the one now that says MT thats mounted under the drivers side dash is that the "5spd ecu" that people keep talkin bout...
                  . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                  WiredMotorSports
                  [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

The box that has MT on it that you are talking about is the cruise control controller. The ECU is under the front part of the floor where your feet go on the passenger's side. I'm not sure what you mean by the neutral safety switch. Are you talking about the thing where you have to be in park or in neutral to start an automatic car? There's a 12 pin connector around the shifter that you have to do some work on, but i don't have the service manual at work with me, and so I can't tell ya what needs to go where. you can also just disable the interlock system all-together. If you want to be able to use cruise though, you'll need to do some work on that 12 pin harness.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X