H22 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 swap

This summer i'm planning to do a swap and i was wondering which of these two engines should i get?

JDM H22 $2,450
    OR
    H22A Long Block $1,395

Xplicit Impressions C.C.

The long block doesn't include the tranny, ECU or wireing harness.
    It all depends on what you need with the swap.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

i got a better deal from a very good friend he's selling me an h22a with 30,000 miles, ECU, all the wiring, and LSD for $2,200 and he'll charge me $300 for the complete swap. and this one show charges me $1,200 thats alot. and next summer i'm going to add turbo kit i also found a complete turbo kit for $850 which is really good deal hear are some pictures of the kit...

Xplicit Impressions C.C.

Comment

Get the complete swap from hmotorsonline.com dont get the longblock only unless you plan on goin boost even then you may wanna rebuild your tranny. And get a new clutch if your synchros which i know are about or goin to go when more power is being put on there.

Oh please lord dont tell me you brought a ssautochrome manifold if you just did and a turbo from where i think you got it from you had better send that shit back its garbage get your money back and buy something else i heard those or anything from ssautochrome being good ever. If you want your engine to last get rid of it and piece out a kid talk to some of the members on this board like myself or other boosted members. Get the full swap from hmotorsonline that way theres less problems with tryin to have a sensor messed up and goin through the hassle of tryin gto get one and it comes with less miles on it too.

Comment

ya........i was wondering the same thing,, can you just swap the h22 longblock into the accord?? or is the full swap really needed if i plan on replacing the clutch and whatnot with higher performance parts???
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Yeah you can swap in the longblock, the accord tranny will bolt right up. Its just that the h22 tranny has shorter gears for faster acceleration, but the f22 tranny has a better fifth gear for highway cruising at low rpms, hence better gas mileage. They say that if you choose boost you should use the accord tranny, i wouldve kept mine but i got lsd with my swap. But its very possible to keep the accord tranny, and the clutches are identical so dont worry about that. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yeah go with the accord tranny, unless you want to be doing 80mph @ 4000rpm. Why does the Lude have suck short gears?
              My Ride!
              Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

thanks for all the help

Xplicit Impressions C.C.

Comment

Working...
                X