Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who's done a auto ---> manual conversion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who's done a auto ---> manual conversion....

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

If i buy all the parts in those pics, what else would i need to get a manual swap?(i know of pedal assembly, tranny, clutch, ecu) I'm not actually buying them off that site, too expensive, jus getting an idea of what i need to acquire. I plan on workin on my car for the next few monthes, get an idea of how it works and where everything is, then i will attempt a full swap by myself. In the meantime i'll try to gather the parts, either all at once from somone or slowly have them trickle in as ppl list them in the classified forums.

I didn't need anything from the 2nd picture. You need the follwing, for a full list:

Engine bay
    1) Clutch Master Cylinder (Located near fire wall, top left in pic1, #7)
    2) Hydralic line (it's a metal pipe, the really funny shaped one in pic 1, #12)
    3) The dampner (peice #24 in pic1, the metal pipe fits onto it, then there is a hose, not metal, that goes from it to the clutch slave clyinder
    4) Clutch Slave Cylinder (#10 in pic 1)

that takes care of stuff inside engine bay, listen, when you buy this stuff, make sure you get some plastic clips to clip that metal hydralic line from the master/dampner to the firewall =). Also, make sure that the dampner HOSE isn't cut...sometimes the junkyard will just cut it, make sure it's whole...the peice is $24 from honda.

Now for interior.
    Interior
    1) Shifter (the stick =)) with the, and metal braket that bolts down to the car =)
    2) Two M/T shifter cables (with gromet)
    3) Clutch pedel
    4) M/T acel and brake pedel
    5) Two meteal clips that will hold the shifter cables in place in the shifter bracket (#23 in pic1)

Both #1/#2 come from HMO (HMotorsOnline, I highly recommend steve =)) if you order the fullswap, the only thing that I didn't get was #23 in pic3 to hold the calbes down.

That's all the parts I needed because I bought the fullswap from HMO so the Tranny/Motor were together.

Let me know if you need help, or have questions.
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
      I didn't need anything from the 2nd picture. You need the follwing, for a full list:

Engine bay
      1) Clutch Master Cylinder (Located near fire wall, top left in pic1, #7)
      2) Hydralic line (it's a metal pipe, the really funny shaped one in pic 1, #12)
      3) The dampner (peice #24 in pic1, the metal pipe fits onto it, then there is a hose, not metal, that goes from it to the clutch slave clyinder
      4) Clutch Slave Cylinder (#10 in pic 1)

that takes care of stuff inside engine bay, listen, when you buy this stuff, make sure you get some plastic clips to clip that metal hydralic line from the master/dampner to the firewall =). Also, make sure that the dampner HOSE isn't cut...sometimes the junkyard will just cut it, make sure it's whole...the peice is $24 from honda.

Now for interior.
      Interior
      1) Shifter (the stick =)) with the, and metal braket that bolts down to the car =)
      2) Two M/T shifter cables (with gromet)
      3) Clutch pedel
      4) M/T acel and brake pedel
      5) Two meteal clips that will hold the shifter cables in place in the shifter bracket (#23 in pic1)

Both #1/#2 come from HMO (HMotorsOnline, I highly recommend steve =)) if you order the fullswap, the only thing that I didn't get was #23 in pic3 to hold the calbes down.

That's all the parts I needed because I bought the fullswap from HMO so the Tranny/Motor were together.

Let me know if you need help, or have questions.
      So I basically need almost everything in the first pic, and the second pic I only need the shifter. I dont see any cable listed there. Once i obtain those, all i need is the tranny, flywheel, clutch, and ECU right?

I plan on using some crappy f22 tranny, as cheap a tranny as i can find that work. This is b/c I never drove a manual car before, this is my first car that i ever owned. When i convert it to manual on the cheap tranny, and learn to drive manual; then i would use a site like hmotors to get a h22 engine and tranny and try to do that myself also. Tell me something, on that site, do i buy the H22A 92-95 Complete Change Over, or just the h22a engine, tranny, and ecu?
      Last edited by i97supratti; 05-14-2005, 12:51 PM.

Comment

while you are swappin all of tha parts...can u take pics of everything you did. step by step, for tha people that will change there car from a auto to a manual. that would be very helpful.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Sure thing. If i do it myself I'll take pics.

Comment

Just my $0.02:

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time."

Man, don't go cheap...if you're going to go through the work of doing it, do it right the 1st time.

I did my auto->manual having virtually just what you had, the two pics you have =) and amlost no knowledge of how things worked. It was very simple, things just "connected" together. I did my complete swap having never driven a manual before either, and it was a lot of fun to do. It took about 2 days before I could learn how to start w/o burning out in 1st...but I never killed the car once, for two weeks =) Yes, the HMO Complete Swap with motor/tranny/ecu. I recommend this for doing it righ the 1st time, not to mention the motor/tranny come as one unit, no need re-mounting the clutch flywheel.

Trust me, it's well worth it.
            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Money is a factor right now. I'd rather kill my f22 tranny learning to drive manual, then swap in the complete engine/tranny/ecu. I may be cheaping out right now, but there are accords out there that drive f22 engine w/ f22 tranny. I just hope i can complete this without any trouble. Any special tools I will require other than the standard socket wrench set. I dont even have one of those, im going to sears to get one like this soon.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...nics+Tool+Sets

Wish me luck.

Comment

i just did this swap about 2 weeks ago pretty stait forward. my advice is to go to a junk yard and find a 5spd accord in decent condition look at how it is in that car and take all the parts u need, whatever is bad swap them 4 new parts. then down load the manual swap threads from this site or the manual thread from the accordinglydone site. then go 2 barns and noble and get a chilton book for your car. make sure u get the rear mount and bracket and trans bracket and mount and u will have 2 do some welding but i here that hasport sells the manual mount. if this is true, 2 save u time and money get it. if u need some help pm me

Comment

i did mine back in november it was pretty easy. u said $ is kinda tight to save a couple extra bucks u don't really have to get the manual ecu the automatic works fine. Just foolw the diy from this site and u'll be good. it doesn't take a rockect scientist to do the swap. just be confident. if u need help pm me i might be available to help.

Comment

Honestly if money is a factor right now dont even bother doing it at all.. i learned it the hard way, now i was lucky to pick up a doner car where i had everything if i recall the only thing i had to buy was new axles but i gotta say, you gotta have money at your dispoisal or dont even bother with the swap at all. from my personal experance... will i ever do it again? probally not

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

Originally posted by kiva
                      i just did this swap about 2 weeks ago pretty stait forward. my advice is to go to a junk yard and find a 5spd accord in decent condition look at how it is in that car and take all the parts u need, whatever is bad swap them 4 new parts. then down load the manual swap threads from this site or the manual thread from the accordinglydone site. then go 2 barns and noble and get a chilton book for your car. make sure u get the rear mount and bracket and trans bracket and mount and u will have 2 do some welding but i here that hasport sells the manual mount. if this is true, 2 save u time and money get it. if u need some help pm me
                      So I can buy a mount of Hasport and I wont have to do any welding? Can you show me a link to this?

Comment

bro beleive me, dont fuss mith the mount. its one of the easies parts. i know a girl around my way, and her pops did her a-->m convo, and he dint use mt mount, well her axle poped out at like 45mph. just go to ur honda dealer and order the mt mount braket. its cheap. and just have someone weldit there. shouldnt be more than 50 to weld. its sooo easy. i did mines in a few days but i do work and go to school full time.
                        ps.thanks to cpmike. talk to him that ***** is crack. he'll tell u a lotta shit. i also got a post some where here about the wiring, search for itll be pretty simple too.

good luck.
                        I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

I based everything I need on this list, still alittle confused

From this list and the first pics I showed u guys, I can get items in bold, correct?

Transmission
                          Flywheel
                          Clutch assembly
                          Slave cylinder
                          Clutch master cylinder
                          All lines and dampener from master to slave cylinder
                          Includes--
                          line from master cylinder to dampener
                          dampener, bracket and bolts to hold to fender
                          rubber line from dampener to adapter on transmission
                          adapter and bolt to hold to transmission
                          line from adapter to slave cylinder
                          bolt that holds rubber line to adapter(banjo-bolt)

Starter for manual tranny
                          Drivers side CV shaft and intermediate shaft
                          Transmission mount and bracket
                          Front motor mount(at radiator)
                          Rear motor mount(at firewall)
                          Speedometer sensor (salvage yard may leave it on the tranny)
                          Shifter cables, holding clips, clevis pins and cotter pins
                          Shifter cable bracket for tranny (salvage yard may leave it on the tranny)
                          Shifter assembly
                          Shifter boot assembly and shift knob

Clutch pedal assembly
                          Both switches for clutch and their plug-in connectors
                          Brake and gas pedal assembly
                          30 Amp Relay
                          Manual ECU
                          Bolts Needed
                          Transmission bolt that goes through starter and bolt below it(the two longest bolts)
                          Flywheel bolts
                          Pressure plate bolts
                          Slave cylinder bolts
                          Intermediate shaft hanger bolts
                          Transmission shifter bracket bolts

Now what are the switches for clutch and their plug-in connectors?

And in the following pic, which are the Drivers side CV shaft and intermediate shaft ?

And what do i need from here?

thanks

Comment

Transmission
                            Flywheel
                            Clutch assembly
                            Slave cylinder
                            Clutch master cylinder
                            All lines and dampener from master to slave cylinder
                            Includes--
                            line from master cylinder to dampener
                            dampener, bracket and bolts to hold to fender
                            rubber line from dampener to adapter on transmission
                            adapter and bolt to hold to transmission
                            line from adapter to slave cylinder
                            bolt that holds rubber line to adapter(banjo-bolt)
                            Starter for manual tranny
                            Drivers side CV shaft and intermediate shaft
                            Transmission mount and bracket
                            Front motor mount(at radiator)
                            Rear motor mount(at firewall)
                            Speedometer sensor (salvage yard may leave it on the tranny)

i have everything on that list
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

you DO?????

How much shipped to 11419?

Comment

Working...
                              X