93 accord EX with H22a Few problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord EX with H22a Few problems

I have 93 accord EX (Auto) and doing a H22A JDM (Manual)
    need to know what Engine Mounts i need for this swap.

Any one with this setup had any problem with cruise cause mine dose not work any more.
    Dose it need more parts or dose it need to move any wires to different location? Please Help

And last Question is what Axels-Half Shaft-CV Boots and What Every alse i need for this from Accord Auto/Manual - or Prelude

Please Help

if i'm not mistaken I think you just need the drivers side mount, since your converting from auto to manual, I think you might need the axles to the manual tranny not sure though! one more thing, going to manual from an auto you're going to need a lot more parts (unless you already have them)!
    Last edited by BlackCL; 12-17-2003, 08:28 PM.
    DOHC CL

Comment

haha i think you came from automotive forums lolz

i have the passenger and the driver side mounts for the 1991 hond accord but it fits the other ones....ill sell it to u cheap if u need it
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Thanks for the help
        I got all the parts for the swap the h22a came with every thing and the accord mounts were good so every thing worked fine but the front one was bad so i ordered one form the honda dealer ship for 78.00 and i should get by friday.

Comment

Re: 93 accord EX with H22a Few problems

Originally posted by mast0075
          I have 93 accord EX (Auto) and doing a H22A JDM (Manual)
          need to know what Engine Mounts i need for this swap.

Any one with this setup had any problem with cruise cause mine dose not work any more.
          Dose it need more parts or dose it need to move any wires to different location? Please Help

And last Question is what Axels-Half Shaft-CV Boots and What Every alse i need for this from Accord Auto/Manual - or Prelude

Please Help
          You will need to use the 1990-1993 DX/LX rear engine mount, The 1990-1993 DX/LX Transmission mount, The other two mounts that you currently have will work although you may want to replace them with new ones since you are doing the other two.

Here's the tricky part. You need to purchase the transmission mount bracket for the 1990-1993 DX/LX 5-Speed Accord, You need to drill and pry the auto bracket off and have this new bracket welded on. It's not as difficult as it sounds but to do it right this is what you will need to do.

Does your CC light illumiate in the instrument cluster and the car still decellarate or does the CC never set?

About the half shafts mostly everyone just uses the 1990-1993 5-Speed Accord half shaft and axles but if you need it to be stronger you can use the 4th gen Prelude half shaft, and then have a custom drivers side CV axle made using the inner prelude joint with the Accord axle and outer joint.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by mast0075
            Thanks for the help
            I got all the parts for the swap the h22a came with every thing and the accord mounts were good so every thing worked fine but the front one was bad so i ordered one form the honda dealer ship for 78.00 and i should get by friday.

THE FRONT IS BAD ON ALL 90-93 DONT BELIVE ME CHECK 'EM OUT

My ride:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

No the CC light dose not come on but when i turn the CC switch on it lights but not by the gauge.

it was working fine with my auto F22a6 but when i did the swap with manual tranny i won't work Just wondering if the old ECU had any thing to do with that.
              How is the TCable hooked is it to the Tbody or to the gas paddle.

It stop working after the swap cause the installer told me it won't work?????????????

Comment

On my 93 EX with the F22A6, it was hooked to the gas pedal. You'll see a second portion on the pedal assembly for it. On Randy's 94 LX with the F22B2, it was hooked to his TB. As well, you'll see a second portion exclusively for the CC cable. The H22 in both of our cases did NOT have the CC cable linkage setup on the TB, which would lead me to believe it was setup on their pedal assembly. Since you had the CC setup in the car orginally, it should not be that hard to hook up, unless during your M/T swap, you replaced the pedal assembly with one that did not come equiped with CC.

I remember someone on HS had an issue with their CC after doing an H22 swap, even though they left their car A/T I believe. I want to say it was a pin swap, or crossing two wires, but I didn't read into it much being that I done the M/T conversion. Jose, you remember that thread?

Brad

PS- I met Ed last night, he was talking mad sh*t about your slow car, just kidding! He picked up the stock EX rims from me, so now you can haggle him for them. He said he had seen you go a couple of times and it looked fast! Anyway, I thought I might cruise on down there come some warmer days, since you're just down the road, and I want to hassle you for that P28!
                Last edited by Surfjunkie44; 01-29-2004, 05:31 AM.
                Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

Working...
                X