F22 block F23 vtec head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 block F23 vtec head

does any one think that ill have valve clearence problems when i put togather my motor? At first i though it was a f22b1 head, but it turns out to be an f23a1 head. the f23a1 has 86mm Bore and 97mm Stroke, and yeilds a 9.3:1 compression raito. should any of these differences hurt my motor? what would i have to do to bore it out to 86mm?
    Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

do exactly what u just said.. bore it out if u want to 86mm .. then u could use f23a pistons on f22a rods.. i believe the wrist pin location is the same.. look into it thou.. honestly for the trouble of making ur f22a into a f23a.. why not just GET a f23a.? 86mm iron sleeved 97mm stroke accounts for gobs of torque.. and i believe the f23a5 the DX version has like 8:6:1 compression which would rawk under boost

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i checked all the oil and coolant gallies and they all lined up. there's nowhere it can leak like the f22b head swap. i was just wondering if i bolt this head on will it work?? the reason for this head swap is cuz i have a kick ass manifold. I really wish i could go with a a6 though.

i also like that the f23's have roller rockers too.
      Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

just found out all of the 98+ accords have 9.3:1 compression. the only difference is that the dx's are ULEV (ultra low emissions vehicle) which drops the hp 2-5 and the torque 17
        Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

hmm.. ha.. then i guess its the hybrid that drops the compression.. my bad.. lmao!!

<hybrid freak...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

how much do you think it will drop my compression. my knowledge in hybrid accords is small. since this drops my compression dose this mean i can boost more? also donsent lower compression = more torque?
            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

lol fuck.. i dont wanna turn another sohc owner into a dohc owner.. im not trying honest..!! im not!! lol..

if the stock compression is 9:3:1 then the number i getting of 8:6:1 is after a h22a head install f23/vtec basiclly...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

ok now al i need is a valve cover from a 98+ accord. what could i use for a base map on this motor? BTW WiKKeDV16.......... You have been more than helpfull. thank you
                but i still love the simplicity of the single cam.
                Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Working...
                X