hybrid h22 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hybrid h22 question

I just sourced a complete h22 cylinder head and intake manifold and I want to know besides the h22 which block would be the easiest to mate my cylinder head to with the littlest modification possible

The H23A1 non-VTEC block. But then you've got to deal with timing components, water pipes and thermostat housing, a new header and having lower compression than you would with a standard H22A. All this assumes your complete intake manifold comes with appropriate-sized injectors. Then you'll need to have it tuned.

The fact that you're asking this question in a manner that requests an information handout tells me that you lack the ability to do this swap and you're looking for a cheap way out.

Now, proceed to tell me how I've offended you.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The H23A1 lacks oil squirters as well.

In short... don't do a headswap. Just use an H22A block with an H22A head. There is NO benefit whatsoever to doing a headswap.

Comment

the reason why I posted this because I do not want frm sleeves thinking to boost later on

Comment

Jarrett you can't offend me.....skin tough as nails

Comment

Despite what nonsense is circulated on the internet, FRM sleeves are completely fine under boost. The issue is that people want to turn the boost up to levels that their H22A pistons are not conducive to because of the static compression ratios. Past that, they're just weak pistons like any other cast Honda piston.

If you want to run a turbo, just build what you have in the F22A.

If you want to build an H22A, do it right. Get an H22A/H23A bottom end and sleeve it. Are you aware what you have to do to make an H22A head fit on an F-series block(minus the F20B)?
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              Despite what nonsense is circulated on the internet, FRM sleeves are completely fine under boost. The issue is that people want to turn the boost up to levels that their H22A pistons are not conducive to because of the static compression ratios. Past that, they're just weak pistons like any other cast Honda piston.

If you want to run a turbo, just build what you have in the F22A.

If you want to build an H22A, do it right. Get an H22A/H23A bottom end and sleeve it. Are you aware what you have to do to make an H22A head fit on an F-series block(minus the F20B)?
              I am aware of what it takes to put h22 had on a f22 block not worth the headache to me.... so what you're saying is a h22 can handle around 8 pounds of boost daily driven with frm sleeves? I don't want no more than 280- 300 horsepower to the wheels because of the traction issues. I love my F 22 but I also want Vtec seems like a h22 is the way to go
              Last edited by Rookdarealest; 06-24-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookdarealest View Post
                the reason why I posted this because I do not want frm sleeves thinking to boost later on

All H series blocks have FRM, which means you're asking about an F series block. Tell me, why do you think an F series block would be better?
                Iron sleeves? Please. The BS about Honda's stock iron sleeves being better than FRM is due to kiddies 10-15 years ago not knowing that they had to use FRM-compatible pistons in an FRM equipped block. FRM is stronger, lighter, and dissipates heat better than the iron sleeves of an F22 block. An early model H22A block has a closed deck design. ALL F series engines are open deck, which is considerably weaker under strain. The only way to effectively correct that weakness is to do a full resleeve... which you could just as easily do to an H22 block to rid yourself of those FRM sleeves.
                Lower compression ratio? If you're planning on boosting on ANY stock pistons... don't.

There are many MANY threads where I have ranted about the uselessness of headswaps. I don't feel like typing it all out again. Search "G22" or "Frankenstein" and you'll most certainly find quite a few of them.

Also, if you have a functional F22A, you can build and boost that to make more power than you'd ever be able to use effectively on the street. There's no need for the H22A head to do that.

Comment

Working...
                X