h23 blue top questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 blue top questions

There isnt really much information floating around hear about these engines . First of I am doing a h23 blue top swap in a 90 ex accord . and I need to know if I can use the timing bracket that comes on there "h23vtec" already so I can use my drivers side motor mount . Or do I have to order or find a h23 doch non vtec prelude timing bracket ? Or if I can use my f22 a timing bracket . If any body can point me in the right way I appreciate it .

You need the one from a '92-'96 Prelude with a DOHC engine. The bracket on the H23A1 and H22A1 were the same. It's part number 11910-P13-000 from Honda and will run you just under $60 before tax at the dealer.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

few things.

are you staying obdI I assume.
      you need obdI dizzy and injectors.
      the h22 or h23 nonvtec bracket on drivers side.
      you need upper plenum or complete h22 Intake Manifold. (iacv on obd2 is 3 wire) the blacktrax adapter will not work unless you have a euro r manifold.

I have a great basemap for the h23 vtec off of my tuned h23 so if you want
      I got chips and ecus for that all day long, just let me know.

if I recall that is pretty much it.

you can also save the h23 vtec bracket and sell to a 5th gen guy doing a h22 swap. they work for them.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
        few things.

are you staying obdI I assume.
        you need obdI dizzy and injectors.
        the h22 or h23 nonvtec bracket on drivers side.
        you need upper plenum or complete h22 Intake Manifold. (iacv on obd2 is 3 wire) the blacktrax adapter will not work unless you have a euro r manifold.

I have a great basemap for the h23 vtec off of my tuned h23 so if you want
        I got chips and ecus for that all day long, just let me know.

if I recall that is pretty much it.

you can also save the h23 vtec bracket and sell to a 5th gen guy doing a h22 swap. they work for them.

Oh sweet drummersteve7
        I've got all the part to make it obd1 . I just needed a clear standing on that bracket cause I wasnt sure not to many people do this swap so it is very hard to pin point the right stuff . Btw what numbers did you make on your set up ? Also I will be running a p13 untill I can mod it and get a proper tune .

Comment

I never dynod it, I want to someday, but I got a wagon to build.
          I just did a street tune. that has been running for 2 years, so can't be too bad, lol!
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

I still need to replace my bracket on my H23A to level the engine. If you want to see how my setup is take a look at my page.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

the engine bracket should go right to the f22 engine mount. but it will try to stand the engine straight up instead of tilted toward the firewall like the f-series. i dont think it will hurt anything tho because people have been doing it like that for years and i dont see a million threads on damage caused by mount configurations.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Let's assume that all it did was twist it a certain way and didn't offset it by a centimeter or so. Though it's three feet away, the differential opening on the transmission is affected by the mount configuration. That determines how well your axles are aligned. Maybe the effect on the axles isn't drastic, but we've seen axles fail all day long on this forum because of other engine mount/bracket combinations. Why is this any different? I think it's just because so few people are swapping in OBD2 F20B or H-series engines that it's not widely known. I know lindiz was having issues with his before I got him a mount bracket.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                  the engine bracket should go right to the f22 engine mount. but it will try to stand the engine straight up instead of tilted toward the firewall like the f-series. i dont think it will hurt anything tho because people have been doing it like that for years and i dont see a million threads on damage caused by mount configurations.
                  this is incorrect the actual h23 vtec bracket is closer (the two mounts points) you either need a h23nonvtec or h22.
                  you can not use the h23 vtec bracket it comes with OEM, unless it has been already replaced.
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

Yo can but your engine will tilt a bit on DRIVER side using a F22b21 motor mount.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Yeah but I also hear it will mess up your axles . My axles are 2 months old . So hopefully I'll find a bracket in the junkyard . Or I'll just go to Honda and get one . Also will the entire h23non vtec . Intake manifold fit ? .

Comment

The H23A1 intake manifold shares the intake flange pattern with the F20A/F22A/F22B DOHC, so no, it won't fit the H23A VTEC. And if you get a 2000 or newer H23A VTEC then the intake manifold flange will be the same as the Euro R because it uses the PDE head. That's what mine is. It's effectively the typical H22A lower runners but a flange to match the air injection hole passages of the PDE head.

Comment

the h23 non vtec upper plenum intake manifold will work, YES.

sorry had to edit that. forgot about the runners.
                          Last edited by drummersteve7; 06-20-2013, 09:40 AM.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

you can use the plenum just not the runners. and i talked to a friend of mine that has a 94 accord. he used the f22b1 mount with the h23 vtec bracket. it does work put after about 6 months he swapped out for a h23 non vtec bracket. so it will work but he said he doesnt recommend it. he said the axle will pop out of the intermediate shaft a little bit, 1/8th" but not enough to notice any side effects. he just wasnt comfortable.
                            Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 06-20-2013, 08:20 AM.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

a little motivation for ya...

My H23 in my CB7

and our Vindictive Motors racecar H23 VTEC (H2B)
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X