No announcement yet.

V8 swap possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know deev, you could probably get a subaru awd setup and put it in a Honda pretty simply.. Even though Honda's are pretty tight(cramped) cars to work on, with enough work you could do it. I just don't know about the engine. If you were to pull an awd system you would probably have access to an already turbocharged motor, so why build a Honda motor to mount to it.. :P And on a side note, seeing Honda's great acheivements from the past, especially from the 80's and 90's.. I have to say, what has happened? It isn't just Honda, but all manufacturers, I mostly refer to Japanese imports though. We had the 240sx, the MR2, the NSX(although really expensive), the integra with VTEC, the supra(really expensive too), the 300zx tt, and all the subaru turbo cars... Don't forget the skyline and dsm...
    Originally posted by Quashish
    hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

Mitsubishi would be the better option. A Galant VR4 has very similar dimensions to the CB7, along with a similarly sized/shaped/mounted engine. The Eclipse/Talon/Laser essentially have the same bits.

Of course, after all the work that would be involved, it'd just be easier to buy a Galant VR4! (I love those cars!)

Comment

Taking a CB and converting it over to rwd and V8 would be a lot more work that using a tube chassis. But thats coming from someone who has time in doing chassis work on circle track cars. In the end you end up with a CB body on a custom built frame.

Starting out with a car like the Legend would most likely be far easier. Still tons of work and time.

If a person could take a car like the legend coupe type 2, use an NSX engine and somehow go AWD, that would be an awesome car.
        Last edited by TAMPA; 06-13-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

All cool ideas... Something like a CB with an RL SH-AWD... Very far fetch but a cool idea non the less.

Comment

Fwd v8 swap
            Gm northstar v8 or a gm Ls4 with a 4t80e
            My 91 ex coupe
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              TAMPA, that car has been talked about since the beginning of this site (and I'm pretty sure those pictures are at least a decade old... )
              I wonder if it still exists. It was bouncing around on ebay for a while... apparently, it never quite ran right.
              If they can put a mustang motor in a civic and a better motor a mustang motor can definitely be put in an accord.

Comment

Working...
              X