Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VTEC not engaging? all possible problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the o2 sensor from the accord wouldn't matter i think all of us did that but the wire being burn out will give u a cel
    Originally posted by tehpr3chr
    used the o2 sensor from the accord...should i get a lude one...and found that i'm not throwin a cel cause that led is burnt out...replacing that w/in the next couple days...

Comment

Maybe there is something they forgot to hookup from that lsd trans thats giving you the cel 36 and i have had that bulb trick pulled on me before when i had a bmw. Best thing to do is just start over looking at all the wiring or you are going to spend alot of money and still have the same problem.

Originally posted by ICANFLyy
      cel 36 was for a 4wds system im assuming...traction control.... well u cant actually take it off... this unit is a seperate computer unit and not something actually built into the ECU its self.. so the CEL is just going to stay lit. Alright, doesnt effect the performance of ur engine... u said u have other codes those are the ones effecting ur engine......only way to make the light go off is to get the unit from a junked lude n plug it in ur car..simular to a relay box...best i can describe it

ive been trouble shooting ur car since yesterday while at the shop...n Cel 7 is throttle pos sensor..

cel 3 is map sensor..--Vtec will not engage with this code,n u will get shitty gas milage

cel 6 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit...

hope that helps u....

Comment

well there is a plug in the ecu taht isn't used....the ecu is prolly reading that there isn't a plug there and throwin that cel....
        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

What you mean a plug that's not used there are 3 connectors that go to the ecu all 3 are used not all the pins in the connectors are used.
          well there is a plug in the ecu taht isn't used....the ecu is prolly reading that there isn't a plug there and throwin that cel....

Comment

all the pins should be in a connector if its plugged into a ecu....if not get a manual trace the wires ..n plug them in
            Boosted!!

Comment

Sorry...haven't had a chance to actually read this thread yet. I noticed that your TPS was on? The cels I was throwin was TPS and VTEC sol. TPS on mine wasn't even plugged in so once it was plugged in that cel went away. Might wanna double check to make sure yours is too. As far as VTEC not kickin in, my ecu is dif. from yours so I dunno how I can help you on that. I have a p06 that was converted to a p28 and chipped but for some reason vtec cel was still coming on and I still didn't have vtec. I am suppose to get another p28 ecu this week and hopefully that will solve my problem. By the way, vtec is VERY sensitive as I am sure you have read at this point. Little things can turn the vtec cel on. Sorry can't help you more.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

well like he posted in his other thread.. HIS EMISSIONS BOX WASNT CONNECTED.. lol he connected the vac lines but not the harness plugs because the previous fuckhead who did the f22b1 swap.. put a round plug in place of a sqaure plug.. on the harness that connects to the emissions plugs.. so he has to look at his f22a harnes and chop it off and rewire and connect his emissions box.. this may not solve vtec.. but it will sovle his shitty idle/shitty throttle response considering if u dont have that box connected u dont have MAP sensor connected.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i'm saying the ecu has places for four plugs...i only have three plugged in..which is why i'm throwing code 36 i guess...
                  JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

What ecu do you have? only have 3 plugs on my ecu , P13 only have 3 plugs
                    start to sound like you have the wrong ecu.

i'm saying the ecu has places for four plugs...i only have three plugged in..which is why i'm throwing code 36 i guess...

Comment

no dude...i have a jdm p13..the 4ws p13....the 4th plug is for 4ws, but i don't have that, so hence the empty spot on the ecu...
                      JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Tehpr3chr I had a similar problem with Vtec not engaging when my swap was done. A lot of the engines get dumped on the shop floor and sometimes that dents the oil pan. My engine had a dented oil pan, so a pressure gauge was bought to check it out, and sure enough only 20 psi (should be 50). Since Vtec runs off oil pressure (not exactly sure how) i figured this was the problem. Took off the oil pan, hammered out the dents, put a new pickup in, and gasket. Like magic Vtec was working and my life changed forever

Comment

So hence ecu hunting for that 4th plug if i was you find someone that has a regular p13
                          no dude...i have a jdm p13..the 4ws p13....the 4th plug is for 4ws, but i don't have that, so hence the empty spot on the ecu...
                          Last edited by howard20653; 04-07-2005, 09:25 AM.

Comment

as far as code 36 goes, that will be eliminated once i get the p28...now on to bigger fish....i elminated codes 7 and 3 last night. i am still throwing the engine coolant temp cel...i am going to direct wire(cut wire few inches from ecu and direct wire to the plug)a new plug into the ect sensor...that will at least eliminate the possiblity of it being a bad plug...if i'm still throwing that cel, which is the one that is causing me not to hit vtec, i will go buy a new sensor to go in the head..they're only 30 dollars, so it's not that big of a dent in the ole wallet....i should then be set and have vtec...i adjusted the idle last night but a little low i believe, so i'm gonna adjust that up a little more...i was idling at like 700 this mornin...800 seems to be a nice place for me, so i'll try to get in b/w there somewhere...still rev limiting at 6500 due to no vtec, but will be fixing that soon...
                            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

hope to be hearing from u dustin

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i hope to be hearing from vtec, lol
                                JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Working...
                                X