Accords that have AWD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accords that have AWD.

So like clockwork I get wild hair ass ideas and start to question things. This morning I was curious about the wheel base of a CL8 (Accord Euro R, with a K20A respectively) vs my Accord Coupe, as I am thinking is a swap of this nature possible. Well in the midst of my research I am finding that there some F series that also carried an AWD tranny as well, sadly they were all auto but then I got to thinking, would a swap of this nature be easy to do? And has anyone done this? I have provided a link that show various Accords with their respective tranny and engine types and of course like everything as usual it is not a USDM trim. Thoughts? Comments?

Accords

And Mods feel free to move this if you don't think this thread belongs here. I put it here because I think it is quite off topic, but again I could be wrong so correct if need be.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

I think you made a thread like this recently. I think it was also in the Off Topic area, where tech threads really don't belong. Best to make a thread in the proper location, rather than saying "feel free to move it". That's like making a mess at someone's house and saying "feel free to clean that up!"

Anyway, converting a CB7 to AWD would be as difficult as converting to RWD, if not more so. You'd still need to cut the floor down the middle and weld in a driveshaft, then fit a rear hub/suspension setup that will accommodate driven wheels. You'd also need to move or modify the exhaust and fuel tank to make room.

In other words... it's a MAJOR undertaking. Look at AlmostJDM's RWD conversion thread to see all that's involved.

Comment

Alright, I will deff do that next time. I just wasn't sure where to put though and I have had a thread on this before but I didn't have the knowledge of the fact that the F series even had a AWD setup and I know it has to be a PITA to do such a conversion unless it was already that way in the first place.

EDIT

I guess this is pretty technical
      The CB7 Collector.
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

It's been known that the H series had it though, right? Aren't H and F transmissions interchangeable?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          It's been known that the H series had it though, right? Aren't H and F transmissions interchangeable?
          Yes that they are. The reason I say F in this case because it was on a F20B (Baby H22)
          The CB7 Collector.
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Right. But my point is that the fact that it's on an F series doesn't change anything. Everything we knew about the AWD stuff being mated to an H series applied just as well to our F engines too.

Comment

Thread Moved to Swaps.

My best lead would be that Prelude featured in Honda Tuning a while back that had been converted to RWD. He used a CR-V AWD drivetrain (B20A5 I believe) with a custom adapter plate. He disabled the system up front though. I believe he did it so that he could use as many Honda OEM Parts as possible. That would probably be somewhere to start searching. Good luck.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Was that Prelude a 4ws model, do you know? A few people have speculated that the tunnel used for the 4ws system could potentially be used as a driveshaft tunnel... though I believe blizzard335 measured and said it wouldn't work (that's a vague, foggy memory though... may not be true! )

Comment

This was a 5th Gen Lude, 2001 if I recall. They didn't come 4WS I believe.
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Yeah, not in this market, I don't think. I'm not much of a Prelude expert, though.

You'll most likely have to gut your Accord like a fish. Slice right down the belly, and stitch it back up with a tunnel. Not for the timid! Until you put it back together properly, the chassis is 100% useless. When you do put it back together, you have to add additional bracing to the chassis so it doesn't pull itself apart. These cars were never made to handle torque sent to the rear, or a sideways twisting motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                      This was a 5th Gen Lude, 2001 if I recall. They didn't come 4WS I believe.
                      From what I know. The 3re gen ludes came mechanical 4ws, 4th gens came with electrical 4ws. Super cool to see in person. Only seen1.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I've never seen any that I'm aware of. I heard the mechanical is the way to go.
                        I wonder if the 3rd gen Prelude would have more room for a driveshaft in that 4ws setup...

Comment

Working...
                        X