No announcement yet.

Official H22A Motor Swap Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totalled my car out to about 4600. That includes EVERYTHING including the car, all replacement parts, paint, wheels, tires, engine etc. Which aint too bad.

And its <4k if i subtract all the additional stuff i sold off it, and extra parts i sold that came w/the engine.

Comment

All that money on tools and oil and antifreeze and work gloves...wooo...coulda gotten it done at a shop.

Comment

what u guys tend to forget is that

1.mayberry has his "cost" at the honda dealer.. so its not realistic for the average joe.
        2.aero.. your motor was from surfjunkie = u got a deal since he was just trying to get rid of it.
        3. the average cost is definetly in the 3grand range unless ur stupid and dont replace parts that ull have to later....

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
          3. the average cost is definetly in the 3grand range unless ur stupid and dont replace parts that ull have to later....
          and thats being generous. add aftermarket performance parts and it'll easily break the $4k range.
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

the price list seems on the high side to me to be honest, but it is a very complete list.
            i usually budget swaps for my own vehicles basing it on this list:
            engine/ecu/harness/likage/trans $2400
            new clutch 275-320 (ACT or Competition Clutch)
            Oil $7.50
            antifreeze $10 (i usually buy a new bottle of honda antifreeze)
            saparkplugs $8
            valve cover gasket set $25
            timing belt/water pump $100 (non oem, gates and airtex brand work excellent)
            accessory belts $25
            spark plug wires rarely get changed, I ohm them out and if they are within spec they get kept if they are stock wires.
            I also budget $30 to weld on a new flange on the stock header (i wont buy a swap that is not complete)
            things like electrical tape, carb cleaner and so on i have in large quantity on hand.

anyway my budget doing my own labor would come out around $2900. maybe toss in another $30 to realistically reflect the itemsI have on hand, but then again i ahve been doing htis kind of work for years, both in my home and for shops, so i have all the tools i need, and I also do not do much in the way of installing other aftermarket parts at the same time, those go on after the engine is in and running.

the original poster may want to make a second list of expenses that were only directly reflective of what was swap related, and separate out additional mods done at the same time.

Comment

wow if its going to cost me that much i don't think i am going to keep my car...

Comment

that sounds a bit too much for me, im in canada and im soo lucky i found one some old man has a prelude hes parting, no adds for it or anything just a sign that says for parts, hes sellin the engine with 104000km for 450 without the tranny cuz his sons friend needed one, so im pickin it up this comming thursday, gonna rebuld it up for either some mad boost or spray, yeee so excited, anyone know approx. costs for rebuilding an h22? with foprged pistons n shit like that
                rollin on em twankiez

Comment

yeah wow, i paid 2700 installed for an h22a. didn't change nothing on it. it's low mileage, why the hell would i need a new clutch after 50 000k max? i didn't bother wasting no money on changing stupid shit. i just had it put in, and it's fine. mind you, having an abundance of JDM importers within a stone's throw from my house doesn't hurt in the fact that i can personally choose what engine i want and don't have to waste money on shipping.

local importers> silly waste of money on shipping

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                    yeah wow, i paid 2700 installed for an h22a. didn't change nothing on it. it's low mileage, why the hell would i need a new clutch after 50 000k max? i didn't bother wasting no money on changing stupid shit. i just had it put in, and it's fine. mind you, having an abundance of JDM importers within a stone's throw from my house doesn't hurt in the fact that i can personally choose what engine i want and don't have to waste money on shipping.

local importers> silly waste of money on shipping

because alot of motors sit around for along time? and you never know if they sit out side getting rained on or inside... you dont know how hard people drive the cars? come on just because it has 50k miles on it doesnt mean its brand new, and i would really trust an importer unless you can see the tach on the car that sais the actual mileage..

compression tests are good
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                      why the hell would i need a new clutch after 50 000k max?
                      50k in Tokyo traffic isn't any thing like 50k on interstates.

It's basicly 50K (or so they say....how can they prove that?) in city traffic.
                      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I could of done 2.5 swaps with that money with no trans easily

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                          50k in Tokyo traffic isn't any thing like 50k on interstates.

It's basicly 50K (or so they say....how can they prove that?) in city traffic.

they cant prove anything. and stop and go driving is much harder on a car than freeway miles as well.

the first swap i purchased came with teh cluster that said it had 121,000 km, that is over 75,000 miles. the 3 puck paper think clutch in there told me the engine was not driven lightly.

Comment

Add 100-200 for a speeding ticket within the first week
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Haha i got mine later on both less in 3 weeks ***!!! DAMN MY H22A lol but my lil bro is driving my car so im pretty sure the clutch is dead now time to put in the stage 3 lol.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                                because alot of motors sit around for along time? and you never know if they sit out side getting rained on or inside... you dont know how hard people drive the cars? come on just because it has 50k miles on it doesnt mean its brand new, and i would really trust an importer unless you can see the tach on the car that sais the actual mileage..

compression tests are good

its called an odometer..to kno the mileage of the car..the tach measures revolutions per minute of the engine

lol i always wanted to be a smart ass someday..phat please dont take this seriously...i mean it as merely a joke ...pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east..

Comment

Working...
                                X