Question about Innovative mounts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Innovative mounts.

So i just got my car back from the shop, fully built everything. i got the Innovative mounts (grey) series. Now my question is, since they are racing mounts, is it normal for my car to have vibration/shakes because they are so stiff and there is no play in the mounts? This is my first time with aftermarket mounts. Can guy who have aftermarket mounts chime in on this please? thanks!

100% normal

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      100% normal
      oh ok i effin hate it lol. i thinking about going back to my stock ones lol so quiet lol

Comment

Try the OEM rear mount and the front torque mount, but keep the stiff side and transmission mount.

Auto or manual?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Try the OEM rear mount and the front torque mount, but keep the stiff side and transmission mount.

Auto or manual?
          Hmmm ill try that, will it calm down the vibration a bit? and its a manual. fully build f22a

I WAS gonna go boost, but i changed my mind.

Comment

Yes, most of the vibrations you feel are transmitted through the torque mount in front and the rear mount on the firewall.

Comment

well i have no mount in the front right now. just the left rear and right side.

Comment

A front mount will make a difference as well. Why did you opt to go without it? Spreading forces is the best way to reduce vibration.

Comment

was told i didnt need it. ill put the OEM one back on. see if there is a diff. That should clear up some vibrations?

Comment

No offense, but if you don't need it Honda didn't put it there.

Comment

well i mean it was there before i did the build haha. So thats what i am saying ya know

Comment

If Honda put it there, then there is a good chance you should keep it.

Comment

Cool! Thanks dude

Comment

I would first try stock side mounts (@ front/timing belt and tranny) and leave the Innovative rear and def. run a front torque mount. It'll be the best of both worlds, less vibration but yet keeping the motor from rocking front to back.

Comment

GraniteCB7, the problem is that the vibration is not left to right but in the direction of the cylinder rotation. A softer OEM rear mount and OEM front torque mount will effectively deaden that while the stiffer side mounts will keep the motor from rocking.

Comment

Working...
                              X