Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i too am stuck with an A/T
    but not for long hopefully.

since were on the subject.. anyone know an estimate for a conversion from A/T - M/T?

I've been pretty curious and have seen part listings needed
    but never really researched prices ...

if you have done, what would you say for parts and install?

thanks alot

Comment

A guy around here has a black cb7 that was a auto, then he had a h22a manual swap done, I think he said it was about $3,500 for everything, but Im not sure what all he had done and who did it though. Then again I could be really off, I dont exactly remember what he said...
      Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

I was thinking between 2-3g for the engine then for the manual parts another g then instal so i was thinking probably around 5g,, more/less
        but i guess we will see
        haha

thanks tho jay

Comment

..keep in mind that that 35oo for the h22 is for the JDM version. The USDM is for likie 23-2600, with ECU, tranny and motor..5spd or auto..

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137
          Black Doubt Crew member #2
          Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

well i paid about $3600. $2500 for the engine, and $1100 for the engine installation and 5spd conversion.

if you do the conversion, im assuming you'd run into the same problem i did. the tranny mount didnt line up right, so they make a custom mount for me. if you tried using the stock mounts the engine would sit crooked in the bay. ive seen it before on random sites, i just never knew what caused it.

Comment

I will have to store that in my memory bank

Comment

http://www.accordinglydone.com/tech.php?ID=31 will tell you all you need to know... I read this and didn't ever look at it again... Pretty simplistic sh*t. Go manual, you and your car will love you in the morning. If you plan on doing a swap at the same time, decide if you're going turbo or not. If you do plan on going turbo, the F22 tranny is a better choice over the H22 tranny for the simple fact that the gearing ratio is set up better for it. I did mine when I put my H22A in. It's not a coloring book, but it's not rocket science either, Good luck!

Brad
                Your sponsor sucks! Member #001

Comment

Working...
                X