auto or 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto or 5 speed

Its about time i look into getting an engine swap done for my 92 accord. Should I pay the extra money and swap to a 5 speed, or should I just keep it auto. Anyone have any pros and cons of either they would like to share with me. The more opinions from you guys the better. Thanks for any info. Also, for the So. Cal. people, can any of you recommend any shops in So. Cal. to get a motor swap.

get a fuckin 5 spd i got my car for free and i still regret having an auto all tho u can smoke and drive at the same time lol j/k but its not as fun and ur exhaust sounds *** with an automatic in 4th u cant even hear mine unless u go fast or gun it....

Comment

5 speed all the way...you have control, it's not controlled for you...that's if you are performance oriented, if your just buying groceries get the auto
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

It matter what kind of driving you would like to do... If your into fun curvy road driving.. I would go Manual.. or if your going to for drag... I would get a "worked" Auto....
        -Chris
        HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
        -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Comment

Auto is only good for "City' driving or when in lots of traffic

Comment

auto is ***
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

my car is a grocery getter, but having an auto makes it a grocery getter that much more lol........ but i smok any other grocery getters that get in my way...........rep yo CB

Comment

Ok. I personally will never own an auto in my life, unless it is a truck. I LOVE stick. I autocross, I get a better feel for what the car is doing, or wants to do. Often if there is a tranny problem, you can tell easier in a manual, than in an auto. Say your auto brand z car won't shift into third easily..well, in a manual, you could tell..hmm..tranny fluid is cold, and or goopy ( I am a mechanic) so, therefore manual is all out fun to drive. Great fun. Plus, any old geezer can drive an auto..Driving a manual? Well, it is a lost art in my mind. These days it is hard to finda used manual, and no one drives them..harder to steal a car if you cannot keep it running, not knowing what a clutch is..lol

-A. Swift
                CB7 member number 137
                Black Doubt Crew member #2
                Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

It's all about the manual transmission.
                  "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

Manual makes getting groceries fun.

Comment

yup thumbs up to the manual

Comment

point the car in the right direction, press gas. thats not driving in my books
                        MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                        i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                        the engine was still there...
                        ...silly light!

Comment

and thats why racing a daily driver is more fun
                          MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                          i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                          the engine was still there...
                          ...silly light!

Comment

well, i used to drive an a/t integra. i gotta say it ran okay, and when i was cruising along at about 30 and punched it the downshift would throw my head back hard and keep it there, thats fun and all but the gearing was all weird so the high rpm's didn't feel as strong, i have been driving my m/t accord for about 3 weeks now, and i look forward to every time i get in it. theres just something about shifting that makes driving feel so complete. i used to always beg my friends to let me drive their cars for a few minutes that were sticks. now i get to every time i drive. i just cant get over the fact that i completely have control of my vehicle. it took a few days to learn it well, but now i can launch the car good and can definitely tell that the 0-60 on this car is quicker than my a/t teggy. i still love integra's, but i had to get a 5 speed.. it just would have been too much effort for me to do the conversion. i must say that in the last month that ive had one, i have fell in love with accords.
                            92 lx
                            automatic
                            slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

we have it all bro room all that shit and on top of that when our cars are hooked up that you rarely see.

Comment

Working...
                              X