Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Yea thats a better idea

Time flies, shit will be here before you know it. Its worth the wait for the LSD alone... imagine hitting the gas in a turn and the car pulling in tighter (instead of peg legging/washing out)
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
      I read that numerous times. Since it's the original MC that came with the car, and I've upgraded everything else, the few bucks for a new part should give me extra piece of mind.
      true, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Something else to think about... I know you are invested in your CB... but $3K? You might as well buy an H22 Prelude

Just a thought

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Damn 450? What clutch and flywheel do you have in mind? I only payed 300 for an Exedy kit and a Fidanza 8lb brand new.
          RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Originally posted by youngflyndsaved View Post
            Damn 450? What clutch and flywheel do you have in mind? I only payed 300 for an Exedy kit and a Fidanza 8lb brand new.
            Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            Exedy Stage I Clutch and Fidanza or Bisi lightweight flywheels adds up.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              Something else to think about... I know you are invested in your CB... but $3K? You might as well buy an H22 Prelude

Just a thought
              Why an h22 prelude nine times out of ten they are beat to hell and they are heavier than the cb's.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                Why an h22 prelude nine times out of ten they are beat to hell and they are heavier than the cb's.
                I agree that there are quite a few beat up, However I am starting to find quite a few older 1 owner Preludes coming up for sale that are in good condition and not beat by kids. Because they couldn't afford to buy them new. Are you sure about that weight?

According to the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) as published by Honda;
                90-93 Accord 3,836-4,086 lbs
                92-96 Si VTEC Prelude 3,790 lbs
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 07-28-2012, 05:58 PM.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                  I agree that there are quite a few beat up, However I am starting to find quite a few older 1 owner Preludes coming up for sale that are in good condition and not beat by kids. Because they couldn't afford to buy them new. Are you sure about that weight?

According to the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) as published by Honda;
                  90-93 Accord 3,836-4,086 lbs
                  92-96 Si VTEC Prelude 3,790 lbs
                  Ghost I dont know where you got the number figures from but last time I checked on my registration my car weight at that time 2,860 The numbers you got must have been for the waggon. Here are the number figures that I found.

dx mt: 2773
                  dx at: 2844
                  lx mt: 2857
                  lx at: 2923
                  ex mt: 2923
                  ex at: 2989

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    Ghost I dont know where you got the number figures from..........................
                    I already told you were I got them from. Where did you find yours...wiki or some other online forum?

What weights do you find for the prelude of that generation then?
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

IIRC, I think mines weight somewhere around 2800 lbs or so. I have to recheck the door jamb.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yeah sorry about that guys, The weights I was looking at in the shop manual are the Max allowable weights.

The manual states the actual weights as 2,877 lbs - 2,910 lbs (manual) and 2,943 lbs - 2,976 lbs (automatic) for the Accord trims and 2,855 lbs for the Si VTEC Prelude.
                        Last edited by GhostAccord; 07-29-2012, 08:25 AM.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X