H22 Choices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    Alright, I going to need some feedback/forum help in a making a decision. Since I'll only have a bout a week, maybe less to install my H. Also I have my budget that's not budging for a while to take into consideration as well.

My plan isn't to fully build my H yet. I merely want to simply drop one is because my F is on it's last few hauls (I think). I have basically $2,000 or so for this project. I'm wondering should I just drop a H in with new clutch, flywheel, TB &WP, and use my F tranny for a while, or should I get a whole package H22a w/M2B4 or T2W4 and drop it in as a whole and do all the required maintenance and upgrades in May 2013?
    First if you already have the H then 2grand should be more than enough to do what you want with it. Now if your going to purchase an h22 then I would say that you dont have enough for the full swap like the motor and tranny and ecu which should be like 2,150 shipped at the least in my honest opinion.

As for the new clutch that'll be 350 maybe 600 with flywheel if your going to install it yourself. As for the f22 tranny trust me youll be kidding yourself. You see the h22 tranny was optimized for the h22 motor. If your going to go boost for top runs then go ahead for naturally aspirated then I would just wait until I have enough to get everything.

Who knows perhaps if you see it out long and hard enough youll find one with a lsd h22. As for the maintenance and upgrades I would check it while its out of the car first and if it aint broke dont fix it. If you cant do it right the first time just wait or else youll end up doing it twice.

Stock OEM replacment mounts. I'll eventually get poly inserts. The fluids I have covered.
    Stock mounts why? why not just upgrade them with mcmastercarr and not have to ever change them ever again.

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
    I'd also do the H23 tensioner conversion while you're in there. The hydraulic tensioner does have a tendency to fail with no warning.
    I never had that problem for some odd reason. I think its only on the usdm h22's and not the jdm becuase they have alot of life on them. I must have been really lucky.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 07-14-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Some of those prices seem high I just priced clutch flywheel for under 200 on eBay and it wasn't junk either I got a complete gasket set 50 shipped. Do the maintenance Its probly cheaper than a tow bill if you break down.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer450r View Post
        Some of those prices seem high I just priced clutch flywheel for under 200 on eBay and it wasn't junk either I got a complete gasket set 50 shipped. Do the maintenance Its probly cheaper than a tow bill if you break down.
        Exedy Stage I Clutch and Fidanza or Bisi lightweight flywheels adds up.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Exedy Stage I Clutch and Fidanza or Bisi lightweight flywheels adds up.
          I honestly went ACT clutch hdss and 11.5 flywheel worked wonders for me. Damn son bisimoto's pricesare through the roof especially on his header dayum.
          Last edited by h22sparkle; 07-22-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Tell me 'bout it.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If I get a new bike, no H until 2013.

Motorcycle > H22 CB7. Just my thoughts!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Where can one get one of these KS tension? i take it thats its an auto tensinor as well?
                Accord SE

93se
                Members Ride
                Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

http://www.kstuned.com/

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Thanks Man!!!!
                    Accord SE

93se
                    Members Ride
                    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                      Where can one get one of these KS tension? i take it thats its an auto tensinor as well?
                      yeah it's a better built tensioner. i wouldn't say it's an auto tensioner anymore because you manually adjust a locking nut when you find your desired tension.

Straight Success, how much you plan on spending for your clutch & flywheel kit?
                      RIP '91 LX.

Comment

I would pass, cant do it 100% prob not worth it to do

2K now might be like 4K next year if you save up, then you can go H.A.M.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by youngflyndsaved View Post
                          yeah it's a better built tensioner. i wouldn't say it's an auto tensioner anymore because you manually adjust a locking nut when you find your desired tension.

Straight Success, how much you plan on spending for your clutch & flywheel kit?
                          When I priced it out, it came close to about $450 or so. I don't want to spend that much, but quality is always expensive. Ideally, I would like to spend no more than $300.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          I would pass, cant do it 100% prob not worth it to do

2K now might be like 4K next year if you save up, then you can go H.A.M.
                          I'm am have have always been thinking, just buy all parts needed, and then pick up the motor and lsd tranny after Christmas.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yea thats a better idea

Time flies, shit will be here before you know it. Its worth the wait for the LSD alone... imagine hitting the gas in a turn and the car pulling in tighter (instead of peg legging/washing out)

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

why change the brake master cylinder? something wrong with it?

Just get a flaring kit and put the the larger fitting onto the non-abs brake line.

might be able to rent the flaring kit from your local auto parts store, and save the $$ on a brake master cylinder.

This method worked for me on my black accord when i removed abs.

EDIT: here's the link for the abs removal DIY http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=abs
                              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                                why change the brake master cylinder? something wrong with it?

Just get a flaring kit and put the the larger fitting onto the non-abs brake line.

might be able to rent the flaring kit from your local auto parts store, and save the $$ on a brake master cylinder.

This method worked for me on my black accord when i removed abs.

EDIT: here's the link for the abs removal DIY http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=abs
                                I read that numerous times. Since it's the original MC that came with the car, and I've upgraded everything else, the few bucks for a new part should give me extra piece of mind.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X