h22 idle question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 idle question??

i'm just curious if the auto tensioner messing up would have anything to do with my problem my car will start hard when its cold and sometimes flood itself out with fuel, and also skip a little bit, and when its hot it runs great but will not idle and its really hard on fuel, like 135 ish kms to half a tank.

i already checked
    vac hoses for leaks
    swapped map sensors
    new plugs/ wires 2 weeks ago
    dizzy is good
    swapped ICM in dizzy
    checked grounds
    cleaned IACV
    bled coolant at t stat housing

so i think the only thing left is timing, would the tensioner be my issue? or maybe a burnt valve?

Inspect the timing marks on your cam gears and crank pulley. Do a valve adjustment. Do a compression test. That will determine whether or not the timing is an issue.

Is your CEL on? Are you running a stock P13 ECU?

Comment

no cel, ( and light does work) , running a stock p13, also tried another chipped p28 as well, i'm gonna get on the compression test and timing mark checks this week

Comment

Originally posted by peekin View Post
        i'm just curious if the auto tensioner messing up would have anything to do with my problem my car will start hard when its cold and sometimes flood itself out with fuel, and also skip a little bit, and when its hot it runs great but will not idle and its really hard on fuel, like 135 ish kms to half a tank.
        It would bend some valves if your engine was running when the tensioner failed.

Do a compression test to see if they're all consistent. If one's not then time to do a leakdown test to see where the air's going.

Originally posted by toycar
        Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

well its funny , it still works good , pulls hard till 7500, it will idle when its cold now but once its warm it wont and when its cold it seems like it skips, one thing i did when i swapped it was use the 92 accord engine harness and swapped my dizzy to an external , but it worked fine in the f22?

Comment

Working...
          X