Stronger H22a Bell Housing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stronger H22a Bell Housing.

On my accord I have now broken t2tw Lsd transmission, both times right on top of the dif. were it bolt on the motor mount, This sucks I will have the video up of it braking, Im pretty sure it happens when i get well hop. (cant add a tracion bar due to racing class) I have polly filled motor mounts, any Other ideas to try and help.

The Race Car

Was your swap done correctly? If the transmission wasn't tapped properly, or you're using an auto mount bracket for a manual, that could be putting undue stress on it.

That, or the bolts weren't properly torqued.
    You aren't making that much power, and there are plenty of people that have raced without breaking the bellhousing... so SOMETHING is wrong. I think you need to figure out why it's breaking and correct that, rather than trying to strengthen it (which I wouldn't know how, other than making a custom housing out of stronger material... and that would be seriously expensive!)

Comment

Or change your driving style.
      Instead of Dumping the power, feed it in.

Almost everything on the car will last longer if you do that, and your times will also be quicker because of increased traction and lower weight transfer speeds.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Learn how to heel-toe downshift.

Comment

Yeah, I was running r6 at an auto cross today, and it spun off the line, and just shifted to second and it hoped, and geting on to the power come out a long sweaper trying to get on to power it starts to hop, even will hope back and forth when not on power, we have been working on change the preload and sway bar. trying to get it right, I think that im going to try and take a f22 bell housing and have a plate made to help it strengthen it.

I have also twisted the hole car now so the trunk doesn't line up and more and rubs the side on the driver side, Accord doesn't want to be a race cars,

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Learn how to heel-toe downshift.
            there is no advantage to heal toe, on the auto cross just leave it in second( this was an auto cross that it broke not a track day.

The Race Car

Comment

Ah, ok. Since the picture posted appeared to be on a road course, I figured that was what you were doing.

Comment

that was last weekend,ha.

The Race Car

Comment

are you using a front motor mount?

the only time i broke my case was doing a 2nd gear burnout. I was using aftermarket mounts but did not have a front mount.

and for shits and giggles, heres the burnout

www.850fab.com
                  IG - @850Fab
                  FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

yeah thats what broke and yeah i have all 4 mounts, The 5speed tranny mount in a speed car and drilled and taped the trans in the right place.

The Race Car

Comment

I've never heard of this or seen this before. Beerman-You haven't mismatched rear mounts w/ the incorrect rear mount bracket, have you? Unlikely, but fig'd I'd ask. What is your exact mount setup anyways? Do you need more hardcore mounts?

98vtec-were you able to fix that? Awesome setup, an inspiration

Comment

Go with solid mounts, construction adhesive.

Poly filled mounts are only around shore 60 . construction adhesive is around 85 or so. It may help.

Did you burn out all the rubber before filling it with poly?
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

NO I did not that may be some think, I am going to order some good mounts, today, I need to pull the trans and see if i can just put a bell housing on it or what

The Race Car

Comment

Yea I fixed it. Only by swapping my gear stacks and diff into another case.
                            www.850fab.com
                            IG - @850Fab
                            FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                              are you using a front motor mount?

the only time i broke my case was doing a 2nd gear burnout. I was using aftermarket mounts but did not have a front mount.
                              wow, that motivates me to install a front mount asap :O

H22A Vigor
                              SR20 Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X