h22a4 timing swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a4 timing swap

Ok I am getting ready to do my h22a4 swap and I am wanting to know if its worth me spends the money on doing the auto to manual timing kit on it before i put the motor in.

Yes yea yes yes o and did i day yes am learning the hard way and have to do it with the motor in my wagon do it when its out so much easyer way less of a pain in the rear with it out

Comment

Kaizenspeed now offers a manual tensioner that directly replaces the auto tensioner with no other additions necessary.
      www.850fab.com
      IG - @850Fab
      FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Damn! Wish I knew about this 6 months ago! I just did the manual conversion after my auto tensioner went out for the 2nd time.

This conversion is worth it at twice the price...
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Has anyone on here tryed the Kaizenspeed manual one. I looked it up and it looks alot easier to do so its worths a try if anyones tried it.

Comment

Does anyone know anyone that has try that thing.

Comment

they arent going to put something out on the market without thoroughly testing it
              www.850fab.com
              IG - @850Fab
              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

I recently ordered the tensioner. It got her pretty fast and came with a 20$ gift card to they're store its a very quality piece. Ill show some pics of it installed in a couple days.

Comment

I am doing a H22 swap at this time and I have already installed the Kaizenspeed tensioner. I don't have any experience with the engine running yet, but that will be soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog 61 View Post
                    I am doing a H22 swap at this time and I have already installed the Kaizenspeed tensioner. I don't have any experience with the engine running yet, but that will be soon.

Comment

I am seriously considering removing my H23 tensioner and installing one of these. With the timing belt as tight as it is, my fuel mileage has gone down and it really bugs me.

I still have the original parts, so I'm good there...

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                        I am seriously considering removing my H23 tensioner and installing one of these. With the timing belt as tight as it is, my fuel mileage has gone down and it really bugs me.

I still have the original parts, so I'm good there...
                        Can you enlighten me as to how the tension on the timing belt effects gas mileage? I can't seem to figure that one.

Comment

With the timing belt being that much tighter it takes more energy to turn the engine over. With the auto tensioner my vac gauge read about 16"hg on the highway, with the manual tensioner it runs closer to 10"hg. That means that it is taking more fuel to maintain my speed. It's not much, but it is noticeable, especially when I calculate my fuel mileage. I went from hi 26's to low 25's and with gas prices the way they are, every drop counts!

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                            With the timing belt being that much tighter it takes more energy to turn the engine over. With the auto tensioner my vac gauge read about 16"hg on the highway, with the manual tensioner it runs closer to 10"hg. That means that it is taking more fuel to maintain my speed. It's not much, but it is noticeable, especially when I calculate my fuel mileage. I went from hi 26's to low 25's and with gas prices the way they are, every drop counts!
                            never had this problem. been running a h23 tensioner setup for 5+ years
                            www.850fab.com
                            IG - @850Fab
                            FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                            X