h22a swap vtec not working help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a swap vtec not working help!

Ok so i just did a h22a swap and im using a p13 ecu i have no CEL but it wont rev past 6000k rpm car is really slugish?? I unpluged the vtec solenoid and CEL came on but when i plug it back in CEL goes off but it still doesnt rev past 6000k i need help asap i need my car for work!

It could be any number of things. The first thing that comes to my mind is your valve timing. Did you change the timing belt when you did the swap? It may be off by a tooth.

Also, when asking questions about your swapped engine, please put it in the Swaps section, where people who know about such things will look. You'll get much more help, and you'll irritate me much less.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It could be any number of things. The first thing that comes to my mind is your valve timing. Did you change the timing belt when you did the swap? It may be off by a tooth.

Also, when asking questions about your swapped engine, please put it in the Swaps section, where people who know about such things will look. You'll get much more help, and you'll irritate me much less.
      Yes i did the timing belt!! i didn't think it was off though! would that cause my vtec etc not to crack and sorry ill know to post it in swap section next time!!

Comment

Don't even worry about the VTEC yet. Take a look at the timing belt to make sure it's right. If it's off and you do manage to "crack" VTEC (I love when people use such colorful words to illustrate their ignorance of the system...) then you may very well do serious damage to the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Don't even worry about the VTEC yet. Take a look at the timing belt to make sure it's right. If it's off and you do manage to "crack" VTEC (I love when people use such colorful words to illustrate their ignorance of the system...) then you may very well do serious damage to the motor.
          mann your rippin me a new a**hole hahaha!! yeaa im going out too check my timing now but everthing else is good! only thing i could think of now is knock sensor! my car still has 87 octane in the system! cause thats what was in my tank before i did the swap when the knock active will that cause slugishness and vtec not to engage?
          Last edited by Mr.Sleepercb7; 08-31-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

The knock sensor should throw a CEL. Of course, if you're revving it up on 87 octane, you may have already done damage. The compression is high, and the P13 is tuned for 91 minimum. But yes, the knock sensor will cause the ECU to retard the spark, I believe... to keep you from blowing up your motor. Drive it carefully to the gas station, fill it up with 93. Hell, maybe even dump some octane booster in there just to be safe.

Comment

Working...
            X