• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just one question!!!

Originally posted by BustedLX
    Swap Faq's for the CB7

Exhaust:
    For the H22A the USDM 93-96 Vtec manifold will bolt right up to the CB7 Exhaust. However the JDM H22A down pipe seems to have larger flange that will not bolt up to the CB7 cat. You can either cut and weld a new flange or the easiest route would be just purchase an aftermarket header for the 93-96 Vtec Prelude.

* When installing an H22A4 (97+ USDM H22A) I have heard that the header rubs the front crossmember. You will need to grind down the front crossmember in this case.
    so does this mean all i need is a downpipe from a usdm Prelude?!..i need to know cause i cant find the whole assembly from the salvage yards around me..effin arkansas..if i was in cali id have found six different yards with this part...argh..well let me know..swap in coming REAL soon and i dont want generic exhaust...RS*R saving..

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
    so does this mean all i need is a downpipe from a usdm Prelude?!..i need to know cause i cant find the whole assembly from the salvage yards around me..effin arkansas..if i was in cali id have found six different yards with this part...argh..well let me know..swap in coming REAL soon and i dont want generic exhaust...RS*R saving..
    dont take my word on it, but yes...i believe you are correct. It takes a USDM downpipe =)

The easiest thing to do, and cheapest, IF you have someone who can weld, is to just cut and reweld the flange to match up
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

yea i wish..im REALLY new to arkansas..and moneys getting tight with school, more bills...etc. but yea i mean thats what i take away from that quote..
      so anyone have a 4th gen prelude vtec downpipe they are willing to ship me..?!

Comment

Working...
      X