motor mount help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor mount help

okay, so i found a pretty good deal with the friend of a friend, and i'm going to be getting a manual transmission with clutch and flywheel, slave cylinder, shifter cables, and 2 shifters (one short one regular, which i'll probly sell the short shifter.) all for 150 bucks. i'm thinkin it's a pretty good deal. but, i'm going to have to get new motor mounts, which is okay because mine were going to be replaced anyway, even if i stuck with auto. so, my question is, is there a specific brand, type or size or anything like that i need to look for when i go buy some?

i'm considering something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...ht_2022wt_1165

but i want to make sure it will line up with my H23A1 also.

Comment

so i just realized (and felt incredibly stupid afterwards) that the manual tranny i wanted is coming out of an EG that has a B18 in it...which means it won't fit my H23...but i still need help with these motor mounts. thanks guys.

Comment

bump.

Comment

get the ESP auto-manual conversion mount. they also sell some badass looking mounts.
          COUPE K24

Comment

ESP
            NEW PSN
            H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
            RIP

Comment

but they're so damn expensiveeeeee!!! =/ i'll consider it.

Comment

Those are the best mounts you can get. Plus they did all the hard work for you. you dont even have to cut anything. that mount works with the frame auto mount and the 5 speed mount.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Do it right the first time. Learn from my mistakes. Im going with ESP when Im ready to do my EG H22 swap.
                  NEW PSN
                  H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                  RIP

Comment

awe hell. i'll use my tax refund on some damn ESP mounts. haha. thanks guys! i freakin' love this website!!!

Comment

just warning you, I've got the ESP Auto to 5spd kit and it does transmit quite a bit of vibrations if you use your car for DD duty. When the AC is on, its kinda annoying at stoplights w/ the wheel all shaking and vibrating. But I guess its a tradeoff, for direct power to the ground with no slop compared to OE mounts and little to no engine movement when shifting so you can easily powershift w/ no worries.

I eventually went with some Billet Aluminum Hasport mounts since they're local and the durometer of the poly is slightly softer, 62a vs 70a urethane. I'm still waiting on them to make an Auto to 5spd mount for my H22 CB though....its been like 4 months since I left my car with them to take measurements for that mount and no word back since then.

They do have the Engine and Rear mount available right now though.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                        just warning you, I've got the ESP Auto to 5spd kit and it does transmit quite a bit of vibrations if you use your car for DD duty. When the AC is on, its kinda annoying at stoplights w/ the wheel all shaking and vibrating. But I guess its a tradeoff, for direct power to the ground with no slop compared to OE mounts and little to no engine movement when shifting so you can easily powershift w/ no worries.

I eventually went with some Billet Aluminum Hasport mounts since they're local and the durometer of the poly is slightly softer, 62a vs 70a urethane. I'm still waiting on them to make an Auto to 5spd mount for my H22 CB though....its been like 4 months since I left my car with them to take measurements for that mount and no word back since then.

They do have the Engine and Rear mount available right now though.
                        well my car is still gonna be my dd, but i'm deleting AC (doesn't work anyways), and my car already shakes when idling too. plus my 'reverse' just went out yesterday, so i really need to get this thing going.

Comment

Working...
                        X