P0F ECU? (H22a)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P0F ECU? (H22a)

Ok I ordered an H22a auto swap from JDM engine zone and they are shipping it with a P0F ecu. I have NEVER heard of this ECU and I was wondering what the deal with it was. I have heard most people get it to work properly and others have a really hard time and just go with a P13. I am putting this swap into a 95 Prelude Si and I also heard about some pins that need to be switched. Can anybody enlighten me?

It rare and not much info on it, it's from the JDM Accord SiR CD6 that came with the H22A.
    Not much aftermarket support if you want it tuned.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

u cant use that ecu..its obd2.. u need a p13 for the h22....

my new turbo build

Comment

pretty sure the P0F is obd1. also i think you just have to switch a6 and a11 at the ecu

Comment

Im 100% its obd1. Im buying the OBD1 swap so why would they send an OBD2 ecu? Im not looking to tune it, just put it in the lude and ride. The importer states they tested them before they left JDM land so hopefully I will get it to work. I do need a confirmation that I will have to switch connectors.

Comment

There's a thread on Honda-Tech that involves someone doing this exact same swap, and having issues. Why the proper ECU for the motor would cause issues, I don't know.

Try it. If it doesn't work properly, pick up a P13. They're easy enough to find. That, or get a chipped p28 or P72 and have it tuned... that can get pricey, though.

You should have gone with hmotorsonline.com instead.

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
            u cant use that ecu..its obd2.. u need a p13 for the h22....
            Please don't give false information on this forum. It is OBD1.

Comment

Im running the P0F on my car.
              P0F Auto
              1992 EX (yes thats F22a6 orginal)

I run it without issues. Just adding the vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure and knock sensor wires to the ECU. Straight plug and play from there on.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                There's a thread on Honda-Tech that involves someone doing this exact same swap, and having issues. Why the proper ECU for the motor would cause issues, I don't know.

Try it. If it doesn't work properly, pick up a P13. They're easy enough to find. That, or get a chipped p28 or P72 and have it tuned... that can get pricey, though.

You should have gone with hmotorsonline.com instead.
                They are just too expensive and were rude. Ive ordered from the place I got my engine before and they are BBB accredited. If I could have gotten the swap for 1400 out the door, I would have done it but 1150 with the same thing plus a P72, you can't beat it.

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
                P0F Auto

I run it without issues. Just adding the vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure and knock sensor wires to the ECU. Straight plug and play from there on.
                Did you have to switch any ecu wires around?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
                  They are just too expensive and were rude. Ive ordered from the place I got my engine before and they are BBB accredited. If I could have gotten the swap for 1400 out the door, I would have done it but 1150 with the same thing plus a P72, you can't beat it.

Did you have to switch any ecu wires around?
                  Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
                  P0F Auto

That means no switching any wires. Just adding the 3 required wires for KS, Vtec Solenoid and Vtec OPS.

MRT

Comment

Everytime I had to do a swap and use a POF ecu I always had problems. Mostly hesitation problems. When switched out to a P13 or chipped ecu everything worked fine. Could be a string of bad ecu's.

Comment

I remember having a bad p13 a while back. In my opinion, all H22a ecu's are bad some how or another. But like I said, these are claimed to be in working condition. We will see what happens.

Comment

In your opinion, all H22 ecus are bad? How so? That makes no sense.

Comment

Because everybody I know around here has had catastrophic p13 failure and I ended up taking them to the tv repair shop to get a p28 chipped.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            In your opinion, all H22 ecus are bad? How so? That makes no sense.
                            i second that opinion

i remember, when superstreet did a eg h22 swap
                            they spent $100 on a p13 the car pulled 161whp on a h22a4
                            they later spent more money getting it tuned which led to more power and a cleaner afr reading

MOST people end up paying $100 on a p13, some more

chipped ecu is the way to go
                            more power, less bullshit sensors (like the o2)

if you are worried about emissions, a good tuner can make you pass emissions.

normal chiiped ecus go for $100-$130
                            your h22 will appreciate it and people wont laugh at because you spent so much money trying to buy a o2, or knock sensor to try to make the p13 work
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

You bypass the o2 sensor with your chipped ECU? Yeah... running in open loop is a great idea

Comment

Working...
                              X