B21A1 good bad not worth it for $150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B21A1 good bad not worth it for $150

My local pick apart has a mint prelude with a B21A1 in it complete, my buddy that works there will let n me have it for 150.00usd, I have anF22A6 in my car now I want to do a turbo motor build and I have read the F22 head flows more cfm's than the H motors,i have never herd of a B21 it is a DOHC motor, for the price should I build the B or swap in the B to drive daily and build my F I'm shooting for 250 to 300hp out of either one of them but I dont knw which motor is better !
    Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
    Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

the swap has never been done, so you would have to make a set of custom mounting brackets and a transmission adapter plate. you'd be better off just building up the f22 you have in there.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

The B21 from a BA chassis prelude is a whole different animal from the B series in integras and cr-v's. Since the F22 you have in the car now has way more potential than the B21, and the swap would be costly and difficult your best bet would be to stick with the F.

Comment

That would explain y I have never herd about that motor what about the motor that comes in a 90 intents they have one of those there to I'm prety sure I can get out for the same price and can we swap v6's outta CD5's in to our car's?

Comment

the b21a1 makes the same hp as an f22a6 and 10 less tq. i know because i own a 3gp 4ws ALB and a 93 ex =P. youre better ( MUCH CHEAPER ) off upgrading your a4 or a1 to an a6. b21a1 is notorious for burning oil as well and the ba chassis has nothing in common with other civic or teg B series motors. just forget about the whole idea its worthless. on interstate at 70mph ull be pulling 4k on the RPMs like an h22.
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by super sox View Post
            That would explain y I have never herd about that motor what about the motor that comes in a 90 intents they have one of those there to I'm prety sure I can get out for the same price and can we swap v6's outta CD5's in to our car's?
            IIRC the V6 cd5s are a bit longer in the nose to fit the engine, and its a 90 degree v6, so its pretty big. It wont fit without major body work.

a 90 intents? wut?

Is there a reason you are itching to do a motor swap? If your car is running allright I would concentrate on working with what you already have, which is a proven reliable engine with plenty of performance potential. Even if your engine takes a dump down the road, F22ax's are cheap and plentiful.

Comment

also known as the glass motors.if im not mistaken

Comment

It'd be a nice $150 paperweight, if you don't have a 3rd gen Prelude to put it in.

They have a very limited aftermarket. It would be a hassle to swap it in. It has FRM sleeves like the H22 (not bad, but no aftermarket piston options.)

You'd be better off trying to get a B18C to work in there. At least that has plenty of aftermarket support to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                  IIRC the V6 cd5s are a bit longer in the nose to fit the engine, and its a 90 degree v6, so its pretty big. It wont fit without major body work.

a 90 intents? wut?

Is there a reason you are itching to do a motor swap? If your car is running allright I would concentrate on working with what you already have, which is a proven reliable engine with plenty of performance potential. Even if your engine takes a dump down the road, F22ax's are cheap and plentiful.
                  I dont want to swap just curious to be different that's all and to me 150 was a good price for a running engine I've seen turbo f22's that make the power I'm looking for so it sounds like imma just build a turbo f22 I 8am get a spare to build up for the same price

Comment

So if you don't want to swap, why are you posting this question in the swaps section? Why are you even asking about this engine at all? Gonna buy it and mount it on the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      So if you don't want to swap, why are you posting this question in the swaps section? Why are you even asking about this engine at all? Gonna buy it and mount it on the wall?
                      Or, perhaps, build an engine coffee table?
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Rings are known to take a dump due to the FRM sleeves in there, but then again H series has it,but doesnt burn as much oil. Is there a reason behind this?
                        www.PreludePower.com
                        BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

I'm wondering what a 90 intents is???

Comment

FRM sleeves don't wear rings, or burn oil. I love all the misinformation that is spread about this material because everyone thinks it is "bad". The ONLY "bad" thing about FRM is that traditional forged pistons are not compatible with it.

There is no such thing as a 90 intents. Stop using made up words, and maybe we can help you... though if you're asking what i thnk you're asking, why the hell would you want a 1.6L engine of an even OLDER design stuffed into your CB7? That would be just as difficult to swap in as the B21, and even less effective.

As for the CD5's V6... no, it will not fit without modification. It also has next to NO aftermarket, and only came with an automatic transmission.

Do you even think at all before you ask these questions? Do you do any research whatsoever? Or are you just typing whatever "unique" idea comes to your little mind?

Comment

Ok I asked the? About the B21 because I saw a motor that ran good, had low miles, was DOHC , and I had never herd of that particular motor so it seemd like a good deal and I have the time and facility to do the swap! ive done engine swaps before on chevy's so I fel like I could do it in my very large shop 40ftx40ftx20ft to wotk in and the junk yard that has all these great prices and 40 to 50 cb7's on hand @ all times is 5 min from my shop if you are on foot. Im not trying to say or sound like I have it all nor am I well versed in the honda lingo but I had a ? About swapping so I posted it were I thought it belonged sorry for the inconvenience and if any one in md needs a place to work on there ride I got you pm me! later

Comment

Working...
                              X