RWD accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWD accord

hey all, i seem to remember a member on here did a RWD v8 setup awhile back. i may be mistaken but i figured i would ask. the search bar isnt helping to much. haven't had an accord in awhile and am looking to go radical this time around.

PLEASE! leave all opinions out of this thread, just looking for assistance in the right direction.

Thanks,
    MIKE

The only rear wheel drive accord I've heard of is this:
    http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64572

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=v8%2A+accord

Comment

i appreciate the thread, i thought i saw another along here a long time ago, with a 350 in it. my main focus is the rear end and drive tunnel. i really want details on that.

thanks,
        mike

Comment

good luck man. what are you planning on using as a power plant?

im planning on using either F20c/F22c or going with something from the 240 side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
            The only rear wheel drive accord I've heard of is this:
            http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64572

As cool as it is to see a RWD Accord like that, and especially a hatch, it just makes we wonder, why not get an AE86 instead?

Oh right. Initial D tax that makes a $500 car worth $20 000.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              As cool as it is to see a RWD Accord like that, and especially a hatch, it just makes we wonder, why not get an AE86 instead?

Oh right. Initial D tax that makes a $500 car worth $20 000.
              ROFLCOPTER

Same thing with 240's kinda.

Rip It Up
              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

That V8 Accord is nice but to much IMO...

Thats like taking a Jet Engine and modding it to become the worlds strongest vacume cleaner!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

hahah i thought of entering D1 with a RWD CB7, would be pimp since no one drives one, but it would be like 1/3 of the price to just get a z31 and go from there lol
                  Originally posted by scudweiser
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

lol It would be just like entering with an element as far as shock factor, just harder to make haha, that would be awesome to be in D1 but kinda hard to get in, gotta pass your D1 license so you have to be semi good at drifting

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

He used 4g subframe or half of it and mounted it backwards in a 3rd gen with the engine facing forwards.

haven't gone through the whole thread. intresting.
                      There must be an easier way. without having to make the car rear engined.

great work but making an fr retaining our so called gutless engine is the way I'd go about it.

Comment

its impossible unless domestic engines, or other RWD imports have engines that spin counter clockwise, and then you would need a custom bell housing made, because all the rwd transmission I've come across had the input hole on the block, all except the subaru transmissions

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                        1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                          lol It would be just like entering with an element as far as shock factor, just harder to make haha, that would be awesome to be in D1 but kinda hard to get in, gotta pass your D1 license so you have to be semi good at drifting
                          yea it is hard as hell, the class is $350 and your car has to be ready for an entire day of drifting from the get go, all they do there is teach you/test for the license, but all the mechanical and shit is on your own dime... my friend said he threw a rod and they gave him 24 hours to get it up and running, since he didn't have a mechanic or the parts he got DQ...on the second day lol
                          Originally posted by scudweiser
                          it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                          Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

The V8 powered CB7 was never made by a member here. That thing was floating around on ebay before this site even existed.

So much custom work would need to be done for that conversion that it would remove just about everything "CB7" about the CB7. The suspension would all be replaced. The chassis would be hacked to shit... basically, a tube frame would be built. The interior would be upset by the driveshaft tunnel. The weight balance would be seriously altered.
                            It'd be easier to just weld up a box, and fab up some panels to look like a CB7.

Comment

what about if you stumbled onto a s2000 chassis/engine from a car wreck.
                              they go for about 5-10k maybe cheaper at an auction.
                              would seriously want to make sure the chassis is dead straight though.

I'm no engineer.

Comment

Working...
                              X