ordered my h22 swap and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordered my h22 swap and....

was wondering if you guys had any advice or tips. i got the 92-95 jdm h22a full motor, trans(non-lsd), halfshaft, and ecu. i plan on using the jdm harness by fliping it over and extending wires if needed as long as the harness aint cut. my stock motor mounts are shot so i was wondering if i should get new f22a mounts? kinda confused on what mounts to use. and im replacing the water pump, timing belt, and clutch when i get the motor in. so yea any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

yeap get f22 mounts and good idea changing the water pump and timing belt lord knows how long those motors have been sitting there. only thing i can say is keep ur ac and powersteering i never understood why someone would take thos features away. keeping ac and ps are the few things that civic ppl wish they had

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_sedan View Post
      yeap get f22 mounts and good idea changing the water pump and timing belt lord knows how long those motors have been sitting there. only thing i can say is keep ur ac and powersteering i never understood why someone would take thos features away. keeping ac and ps are the few things that civic ppl wish they had
      the reason why we delete those componets is because the less weight rotating mass the better= more power. ps is just like ps when you drive it,. ac i would not have because its heavy as hell. and deleting the balance shaft belt would be even better!

Comment

idk i live in florida and i ordered my swap recently as well and i am making sure that i keep my ac and power steering. we try to make are cars enjoyable not track cars therefore losing 20 pounds doesnt bother me. and ac on a hot day here is great too

Comment

nothing wrong with taking out ps..i don't mind it...ac on the otherhand is a must!

Lou's Build Thread!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
          "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Did you order it from HMO? If so let me know if they send papers as proof/record of specific year, mileage and all that. I'll be ordering mine in about January. Read their warranty, too. If you don't replace all of the required parts, you don't qualify for the 30 day start-up warranty.

Read the parts list and FAQs topics in the stickies (preferably a couple times over), they explain everything as long as you don't skim. If you haven't done so already, for shame! Getting all the needed parts together can easily take you beyond the warranty period depending on your financial situtation.

P/S is useless, imo. Not only do you get used to maneuvering parking lots quickly, but ditching the system improves road feel! I hate how disconnected cars feel with it. A/C is staying though. It's not working, but I'll fix it and enjoy not sitting in my ass water.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-17-2010, 12:17 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Did you order it from HMO? If so let me know if they send papers with proof of specific year, mileage and all that. I'll be ordering mine in about January. Read their warranty, too. If you don't replace all of the required parts, you don't qualify for the 30 day start-up warranty.

Read the parts list and FAQs topics in the stickies (preferably a couple times over), they explain everything as long as you don't skim. If you haven't done so already, for shame! Getting all the needed parts together can easily take you beyond the warranty period depending on your financial situtation.
              well from my research HMO is a good engine source but a lil expensive for my taste. i found a obd1 h22 complete swap with lsd tranny and an uncut harness for 2404 shipped from tigerjapanese. and for the ps and ac delete.... im keepin the ps and losing the ac for weight and it always ran like sh*t with it on.
              My cb7

h22a
              5-spd lsd

Comment

Ooh, good luck. I've heard bad things about Tiger. I'm getting this:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30016

Not opting for the LSD because I'm staying automatic for now... and I've already got an LSD 'lude tranny in the car! And since I'm staying automatic, I don't need the manual axles. More money saved, and it'll probably be about the same you're paying after shipping. I'm undecided as to wheather I want to do a 5spd swap or swap out my entire sedan for a manual coupe in the future. Either way, I can always ring up HMO and see if they'll sell me an LSD manual by itself.

But good luck with the swap!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  Ooh, good luck. I've heard bad things about Tiger. I'm getting this:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30016

Not opting for the LSD because I'm staying automatic for now... and I've already got an LSD 'lude tranny in the car! And since I'm staying automatic, I don't need the manual axles. More money saved, and it'll probably be about the same you're paying after shipping. I'm undecided as to wheather I want to do a 5spd swap or swap out my entire sedan for a manual coupe in the future. Either way, I can always ring up HMO and see if they'll sell me an LSD manual by itself.

But good luck with the swap!

yea Ive heard good and bad from tiger so we will see how it goes. the motor got ordered today and Ive already got confirmation that's its being shipped today so that's a plus. i also got my new mounts ordered and the clutch/ flywheel will be ordered tmrw along with tune up accessories and gasket set. so hopefully everything will be arriving friday or monday. I was gunna do the swap myself but instead of me attempting that i have a local shop that has been doing swapps for 11 years and he is only charging me 650 to install
                  My cb7

h22a
                  5-spd lsd

Comment

I love how those shit ripoff companies like Tiger stay in business by offering their garbage motors at rock-bottom prices. It doesn't matter how many people they screw... everyone always assumes they won't be next!

Is $1.50 too much for you to spend on a candy bar? Because I just pinched off one that I'll sell you for 75 cents! It's shit, but hey, it's cheap!

I bought my engine from HMO in 2003. It has taken a TON of abuse over the years. It's still fine. I know of 3 or 4 people on this site alone that have gotten broken motors from Tiger.

Oh, and Tiger is in Canada, too... good luck getting your money back when your engine is garbage. You can threaten to sue, but you'll need to shell out about 20 grand for an international lawsuit. HMO, on the other hand... located in California. Bound by US laws, and easily taken to court if they screw you (which they won't... that's why they're still in business, not because they offer cheap shit to sucker in fools from year to year.)

You don't need the JDM harness. Why is it suddenly the thing to do anymore? For the past 7 years, nobody ever talked about using the Prelude harness... now, suddenly, everyone is doing it... and making a mess in the process.

Use the F22 mounts. Tap the transmission. Yadda yadda...
                    It's all in the "sticky" threads in this section. It's been there since 2003.

As for having a shop install it... be careful. I made that mistake. They also told me they had plenty of swap experience. It took them 2 weeks, and cost me nearly $2000 for labor alone... and I'm STILL fixing stupid shit they did wrong!
                    If you have the time and facilities, do it yourself. It's your car, so you'll take care to do it right, even if it takes you a while to figure it all out.
                    If I had the chance to do it again, I would've done it myself.

Comment

Another bonus of doing the swap yourself is, if something goes wrong, you'll know how to fix it, rather than having to take it back to the stop and let them charge you even more money.

And they may have done engine swaps before, but, if they haven't done anything in a Honda, I don't know how much I'd trust them. Just because they can swap a v8 doesn't mean they know shit about Honda's.

And I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I got my h22 from Tiger and other than a few small things being broke, everything was fine.

Comment

The shop I went to said they did swaps. They were all ex-Honda guys that used to work at the dealership down the street.

It wasn't until my car was in pieces that they threw their hands up and said "I have no idea what's going on!"
                        If it wasn't for a guy from Honda-Tech that took pity on me and emailed me detailed step-by-step info, I'd never have gotten the car back.

Comment

op, you said in the first post you got a non LSD trans, few posts down says you got a LSD trans.

which 1 is it, my friend just bought a h22 from HMO just the motor alone with shippin was 1300, shit, they are in cali and the motor took about a week to get her, other friend bought a d16a from them and took 2 weeks.

wat makes it so dam expensive is the shippin, dam, picture the guys who leave near there and can pick up at random, that save alot of money!

every 1 loves cash on the spot.

my advice to you is take your time, and have who ever helping you with this have experience etc.

i got screwed a few years ago, it was my first swap, and of course i ran into problems! money.

the guy told me 500 to put the engine in, included anti freeze but not oil, wow that was stupid to begin with, he swapped the motor in, a dohc f22b, then he went to crank and the cams were siezed, now the motor has to b takin out, that was another 500, wow im really gettin ripped off now. this is crazy, then he says you no wat man i feel bad for youm i put this mmotor in for you and it wasnt good now you gotta pay more money to get it out and to have another 1 put in, he said ill put the new engine in for 300, i was like wtf.

i really had no choice, i didnt no any 1 else, i didnt have friends who had shops and work spaced like i know now, i didnt have tools i didnt have shit.

i then told myself, never again will i have a mechanic swap a motor in, and you no wat, i swapped my 4 door with the same MOTOR that he put in, the good one, 2.0 sohc.

just choose the rite ppl to help please! i dont want tou to luck out on something this precious, a new heart.
                          Last edited by F20A CB7; 10-18-2010, 09:45 PM.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                            op, you said in the first post you got a non LSD trans, few posts down says you got a LSD trans.

which 1 is it, my friend just bought a h22 from HMO just the motor alone with shippin was 1300, shit, they are in cali and the motor took about a week to get her, other friend bought a d16a from them and took 2 weeks.

wat makes it so dam expensive is the shippin, dam, picture the guys who leave near there and can pick up at random, that save alot of money!

every 1 loves cash on the spot.

my advice to you is take your time, and have who ever helping you with this have experience etc.

i got screwed a few years ago, it was my first swap, and of course i ran into problems! money.

the guy told me 500 to put the engine in, included anti freeze but not oil, wow that was stupid to begin with, he swapped the motor in, a dohc f22b, then he went to crank and the cams were siezed, now the motor has to b takin out, that was another 500, wow im really gettin ripped off now. this is crazy, then he says you no wat man i feel bad for youm i put this mmotor in for you and it wasnt good now you gotta pay more money to get it out and to have another 1 put in, he said ill put the new engine in for 300, i was like wtf.

i really had no choice, i didnt no any 1 else, i didnt have friends who had shops and work spaced like i know now, i didnt have tools i didnt have shit.

i then told myself, never again will i have a mechanic swap a motor in, and you no wat, i swapped my 4 door with the same MOTOR that he put in, the good one, 2.0 sohc.

just choose the rite ppl to help please! i dont want tou to luck out on something this precious, a new heart.
                            In my first post i was about to order a non-lsd until i found the one i did. and as for the shop im talking of they have done quite a few various honda swaps, turbo builds, and n/a builds encluding a few h22 cb7's. they told me they are gunna be using the stock f22 harness and what not for my swap.
                            My cb7

h22a
                            5-spd lsd

Comment

ok great.

to make things a lil more easy maybe for you if you really dont wanan cut wires, get a VTAK wiring harness, 50 beans.

yes its 50 beans, but you wont have to cut any wires.

im scared of wires, you should see how my radio harness looks like
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X