Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can one get a 6 speed tranny into a cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can one get a 6 speed tranny into a cb7?

how can one get a 6 speed tranny into a cb7 without totally frankensteining the car????

Dude this was JUST dicussed last week (maybe the week before last)!
    The awsner is no. ther is no 6speed tranny you can bolt right up to the F22.
    If you want six speeds the only ways you can do it is by getting a K engine and tranny (along with alot of wireing and ecu stuff)...
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

did i say to an f22? NO

im asking how is it possible to get a 6 speed into a cb7 (minus the $10,00 k series swap idea)

Comment

Not that I know of No.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

you could do about a 15,000 dollar s2000 swap... i personally considered this for a while because i have access to salvage cars, but i think it'd be a huge headache...the rear-end would be the biggest prob...
          JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Originally posted by tehpr3chr
            you could do about a 15,000 dollar s2000 swap... i personally considered this for a while because i have access to salvage cars, but i think it'd be a huge headache...the rear-end would be the biggest prob...
            you could do that, or just save up another 5 grand and buy a real s2k

(used of course)

Comment

hmmm...i guess we should bug FushigiRES to starm makin one!

6 speed tranny would be crazy

Comment

?!?!

six speed trans....why???

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                  six speed trans....why???
                  why? so when the fool next to you on the freeway drops it in 6th, you can keep up instead of being blown away

or maybe ferrari, the acura nsx & rsx, the murcialago, corvette, and viper are all wrong...your right, whats the point of a sixth gear

maybe i should get stickers and a GIGANTIC wing...that'll be much more useful than a sixth gear...+ stickers add 3whp

Comment

just wondering if you have all the ponies under the hood to actually use the six speed and youll need if you want to seriously take on the "prancing horse"...il love mah honda for ever but i know that realistically that i cant compete with a ferrari (without a turbo, supercharger, or dinitrous oxide) not even a six speed transmission totally makes racing super cars possible....

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordlxtuner
                      (minus the $10,00 k series swap idea)
                      10 dollar k series swap? sweet ill be doing this today

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordlxtuner

maybe i should get stickers and a GIGANTIC wing...that'll be much more useful than a sixth gear...+ stickers add 3whp
                        ...you forgot neon lights=5whp, altezzas add 5% torque...and what about those ultra toight 20" chrome rims..huh?!?!

yeah.... :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Comment

RSX's have 6 gears....so do the new accords...and those arent european supercars

i wanna keep up with them :shrugs:

Comment

you dont need 6 gears to keep up with a car with 6 gears. my GFs spec v has 6 gears, but the first 5 are so short you feel like your rally racing. when she is cruising on the highway at say 80mph. she is at about 3800RPMs in 6th gear, me in 5th gear at the same speed is at the same RPMs

(note: not sure if 3800 rpms is the exact rpm at 80mph, but my point is that they are both the same)

you were naming all these car with 6-speeds, the evo and sti dont have 6 speeds and they do just fine

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

The STi does have 6 gears... you're probably thinking of the WRX which has 5.
                              *just to clear things up
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X