thoughts on what to do to an h22a1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on what to do to an h22a1?

picked up an h22a1, tranny and ecu for 3 hundred dollars (someone needed money or is just a dummy)the only draw back is the motor is in a million pieces, since its already broke down I thought why not do a little something extra to it, nothing crazy dont wanna go completely broke the paint job bout did that..... any input is welcome......thanks
    F22A1:blew up
    F22A1/H22:blew up
    F22A6/H22: " "
    F22A4/H22: " "
    H23A1 boosted:blew up
    H23A1:traded
    H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
    FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Go all motor! Pistons, rods, itbs, etc. That is my goal eventually except on a f22a1. Good luck with what you do though. $300 isn't bad for the motor especially if you were going to build it up anyway. Keep us updated.
    FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

replace the crankshaft and rod bearings, type s pistons, new oil pump, new seals, deck the head and slight port n polish with a set of nice cams, and go hit the dyno with a vafc.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

First decide what you want to build it for, Naturally Aspirated or Boost(supercharger,Turbo) Your choice will also be based on what you are going to be doing with it. Once you have decided pick how far you want to go with your build, keep in mind that NA builds will be relativly a lot more money. Then once you have your budget layed out go ahead and do your research on parts needed ect, if you realize you cannot keep up with the maintanece of the motor in the long run keep that in mind. High performance motors do not last anywhere near stock motors do, and even for that time they need to be taken care of more than a stock motor, more frequent oil changes in boost conditions more coolant flushes ect. Good luck and keep us posted.
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

thanks for the input guys ......now if i want to boost what do you think about the head swap .......h22 head with a nice set of cams and my f22 block.....oh yea and believe me i know about the money one can cost once upon a time i did the muscle car scene(chevy 383 strocker putting 525 to the ground) before kids and now im just getting started with imports so once again all input is welcome
          F22A1:blew up
          F22A1/H22:blew up
          F22A6/H22: " "
          F22A4/H22: " "
          H23A1 boosted:blew up
          H23A1:traded
          H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
          FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

Working...
          X