Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES! the H23 head does fit on the F22ax block..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....how does the port and bolt pattern differ between the f22a and h23?
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

bumpers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!one!!!!!1

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

what is honda bond? I've read that word a billion times but have yet to figure it out.. is it jb-weld?
        WTB:
        88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
        OR
        90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/browsepr...d-HT-3-oz.HTML

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
            ....how does the port and bolt pattern differ between the f22a and h23?
            intake ports are the same, as well as the exhaust ports.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by immeraufdemhund
              what is honda bond? I've read that word a billion times but have yet to figure it out.. is it jb-weld?
              honda bond is like jb-weld, but more expesive, thats all. i would choose jb-weld over honda bond anytime, tho.

Comment

good thread...i thinking of doing this now...thanks for the work/info..

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

.....still waiting on headstuds and a timing gear..... SAL;KDJFSA;LJFFLKJ....wikked yo... what happend to you and aim.... ya'll don't seem to get along anymore..

SOLD!

Comment

yeah, he's been out for a while now.lol, he dont have internet anymore.

Comment

I pop in from time to time at my moms house.. lol.. but yes right now i have no internet.. just makes it harder for u guys to reach me.. bwahahaha.. lol..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

bumpers for my project however i may be recieving an h23 block for free so it may not go as according to plan but whatever i end up doing expect some damn power that is my goal....... my cars just too fuckin slow lol

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Alright, there's some kind of shifty info here... reading on the first page where it says the H23 belt with the F22 pump leaves the tensoner near maxed out, but it works, lead me to get an H23 belt since I didn't see anyone talking about an integra belt in here, but my tensoner bottomed all the way out and it still wasn't tight enough. I did some searching to see if there was a belt with one less tooth, and sure enough, integra type R, one less tooth, but 2 mm wider. I checked, and I have 2mm to spare for sure, some other people have said they have had no problem with the wider belt, but be mindful of that extra width, I didn't see where, but someone sounded like they were saying some people have had problems with it. In the same topic I found this, I found that apearantly the H23 and F22 waterpumps fit on the F22b1, so It sounds like that same option could be had when doing the F22aX/H23a1 hybrid, and it was also stated that using the H23 waterpump means you can use the H23 timing belt, F22 needs the GSR belt. So, it sounds to me like if you're doing this hybrid, get the GSR belt and keep the F22 waterpump, unless someone can confirm for sure the H23 waterpump fits and you're going to replace the waterpump anyway (I would, but I just did my timing belt 3,000 miles before doing this, so mine was new.). I compaired pictures of the two and they look the same

Hopefully having this info in this thread will save someone money. I already have to repay $600 ($348 for my bottom end rebuild, the rest for my new clutch and flywheel since mine were jacked) and now it'll be $630, and I will have wasted $24 because of this damn belt
                          Last edited by jumpman83; 09-24-2005, 02:56 AM.

Comment

pfft.. odd.. but true.. considering tylers tensioner was near maxed out but the h23 belt did just fine.. so i dont see what u did or may have done wrong.. it works perfectly fine.. h23 belt and all.. now.. yes u CAN use the Type R belt.. but its not necc.. ive done several f22/h23 all with h23 tbelt.. and f22 tensioner.. so that boggles the boat mang.. good luck to ya sir..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                              ive done several f22/h23 all with h23 tbelt.. and f22 tensioner
                              ^^ f22 waterpump?
                              I dunno how that worked, not sure how it could be possible for it to be different from one to the next, but ah well. I got the B18 belt on there now, barely had to tighten it to be at full tension. Nice to have room to tighten it more if it loosens. Turns out the extra 2 mm width I thought had to spare was right everywhere but down on the drive gear. There wasn't enough room for the balancer shaft drive gear to sit on the timing gear like it's supposed to, so if anyone else encounters this problem, I made a spacer. All it takes is a dremel and a piece of plexiglass or aluminum, make a circle, cut out a circle in it, put a notch in for the key, and there you go, no risk of rubbing, which sounds like a good way to make it snap.

Comment

i used the h23 t-belt and all the f22 bottom end peices... didn't have any problems with the tensioner? but yea... i've heard the itr belt worked.... but i just followed wikkeds write up..... worked for me...

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                                X