Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES! the H23 head does fit on the F22ax block..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *JDM_CB7* View Post
    damn i dont like how the stock valve cover looks! its kinda looks like an ls.... but matbe i could do somthing to it
    thats because the H23 is the LS of H motors.

if you dont like how it looks, use a H22 head instead.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
      first note: in this thread i have copied/pasted everything i wrote in the f22b/f22ax thread.. this is in no particular order.. at the bottom ill do a final review of all my findings as to not confuse the fuck out of ppl.. with that said.. lets start hybridizinig?? lol our sohc's into dohc's..

sound familiar..?? well cb7deathride suggested that i start my own thread on the h22/3a/f22ax hybrid.. so as to not clutter the f22b/f22a hybrid.. thread.. a lil too late thou.. but what the hell.. here goes..

heres a picture of both h23 and f22 blocks

the differences are minimal.. im still researching for full proof.. i know its been done already.... with a different setup.. f22b2/h22a.. he had 2 plug 2 drain holes and that was it.. so well see what else i find

btw.. ud probably end up using a f23 headgasket to meet the bore's in the middle..

85mm of the f22a block and 87mm of the h23a head.. i believe if measured the head actual is like 86.5?? gotta look for that info again as well..
      so the f23 headgasket would work just fine..

Credit goes out to Prelittlelude for giving me alot of knowledge with his post on H-T

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=776837
      Why should I consider this setup? How much horse gain difference? In fact, I was actually thinking about this setup. Found an H23a head with intake manifold on Craigslist.com --> http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/947521549.html what do you think? Is it worth the time???
      91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

So, is it worth the swap? As far as time, labor, and satisfaction? Does anyone have any video clips of their f22-h23 swaps, f20a dohc, f22b, and or h23? Please.... I am very curious about the differences.
        91-accord

Comment

So, anyways. I just picked an h23 for 150. The guy say that it had a head gasket leak.
          91-accord

Comment

Just about done with a buddies hybrid we built between us three

me/jon(ghostcb7) and a buddy of mine whose a full time engine builder (Jorge ortiz) aka JO-TECH (for the locals here)

Jo working his magic

just random pics of the buildup..

f22a block
            f22a crank(new from honda)
            f22a pauter rods(fyi.. notch block for these fat fucks)
            f22a Arp Rod bolts/Main bolts
            f22a CP custom pistons (.40 over)
            h23a head (freshly rebuilt by Twister PCC)
            h23a Arp Headbolts
            Crower full Valvetrain
            delta experimental regrinds

well she what she puts out when we strap a holset on her hehe

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

wow carlos, still in the game i see?

long time no speak!

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Lol..yeah..been doin same old same old..just not posting the builds..because there typical..usually stock components and lots of boost..lol..this one has the motor to back up the lots of boost..so we shall c..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                X