Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One step closer to buying the h22, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One step closer to buying the h22, thoughts?

okay, so i have got prices from three different places: venus, japan star, and honda motors online. so far hmo is the cheapest by 50 dollars. japan star and venus are about the same, but 50 dollars more. one question i have is this...should i go w/ lsd? i mean is it really worth the extra 300? some questions i have now about the swap are these:

1)did any of you have trouble tapping the extra holes for the 5spd. h22 tranny
    2)I made a list of things that i will need to buy. does this list look pretty accurate?ALL FOR H22A1
    TIMING BELT
    ECU HARNESS(PULL A PART)
    SHIMS(WASHERS)
    AFTERMARKET HEADER?
    stock exhaust?
    ROTOR CAP AND BUTTON FROM CB7 IF INTERNAL COIL OR 2000 CIVIC SI CAP/BUTTON rear main seal clutch kit
    vavle cover gasket set
    oil
    oil filter
    gasket sealer(red)
    92 accord axle shafts...(buy those when doing swap)
    iabs box?
    map sensor?
    plugs/plug wires
    shift linkage
    exhaust manifold gasket
    rear main seal
    h22a1 short ram intake

i'm not an expert, but do well with mechanical work and such...the only thing i may have a problem with is the wiring harness rewiring...any suggestions or links w/ pics to make that easier?
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Everything you have looks good. Only thing i could tell you is that hmotorsonline.com is the best place to buy your motor! thats where i got mine and have had no problems! Also LSD depends on if your goin for 1/4 mile or are you goin for corning and auto cross. LSD helps you fly around corners so go off of that! Invest in a VAFC!!! Helps a lot! you can use your accord intake if you have one! i say go with short ram too cuz you dont want to risk a cai suckin up water through the filter! Oh yeah there are some axles you can buy on ebay made for our swap! To save you time if your car is auto and goin to 5 spd. get the whole change over kit! any other help hit me back!
    Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
    can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

i read in the f22 removal guide on here to leave the f22 ps pump connected, and put it on the h22...the h22 comes w/ the pump..should i use the h22 one, or the f22 one?
      w/ the timing belt, do i need to buy a balancer shaft?
      what should i search for on ebay for those axles?
      i have a 5spd already so no full change over kit is needed
      i have an f22b1...so i have an external coil? i thought we had internal?...like i said, i'm no expert!
      i'm going no lsd due to the fact that i didn't realize how many little things needed to be purchased for the swap....
      oh ya, that h22 prep guide, another should be made to show exactly all you do before starting the actual swap...
      BTW!!! we are going to video tape the entire swap...i'm sure we'll have like 5 little cassettes full of footage, but i'm going to see if a friend will put all of it on a dvd...then i can have a guide to actually sell if anyone would be interested...would only cost like 15.00 shipped...lemme know what you think!
      JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

one more question...should i just get the vafc original? it looks better imho unless there is some new option that would make the vafc-2 a better purchase...
        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

P/s Is Your Choice
          Yes On The Balance Shaft
          They Are Not Listing The Axles Anymore But They Were Under ( Accord Axles )
          Video Is An Alright Idea
          I Have The Old Vafc And I Love It!!!
          The New One Is Even Better! It Just Depends On How Much U Wanna Spend Cuz You Can Pick An Older One Up For Cheaper!
          You Might As Well Spend The Money Now And Buy A Fidanza Flywheel And A Good Clutch. It Will Be Well Worth It I Promise!

HEY MAN EMAIL ME AT mwc_bomber@hotmail.com
          I WILL SHOW U SOME PICS OF MY CAR BUT THEY ARE ON MY HOME COMPUTER NOT MY WORK COM.
          Last edited by 93ACCLUDE; 01-18-2005, 05:55 PM.

Comment

hey,

Just for clarification, LSD stand for Limited Slip Differential, right? That just means that it won't slip as easily? I'm just double checking, i could be getting that from something else because i too am considering the extra $300. I'm not all over the drag strip, but 1/4 times are fun
            Last edited by TheTempest; 01-19-2005, 10:40 PM. Reason: lol, i can't spell
            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Okay, I have a couple of questions about these parts and/or where to find them... map sensor-what is it and where's the best place to get it? shift linkage-what all do i need, and where should i get it? iabs box-where should i get this? i saw that a stock accord exhaust won't bolt up to the prelude manifold. any of you guys have suggestions as to how i should go about this problem, or if this was even an issue for you at all? i can't afford that flywheel. one of the reasons i dropped lsd was because i wanted the vtec controller and i can't afford both...i have a budget of about 2600-2800 on this project, so i'm going to try and get out as cheap as possible. i know that some parts are going to have to be bought new like the axles, electrical, seals, oil, ect...on things like the intake i think i will keep the one i have for the time being. i saw a guy on here w/ an iabs for sale..if he reads this maybe he'll offer to sell it to me..the clutch kit i'll just get a stock replacement from clutch cityonline for around 100..its a stock replacement and my last from there was really nice...the last one i got from advance auto parts sucked a big one! the only thing i'm not sure about now is the exhaust, which hopefully someone will answer, and the timing belt...never changed one...is it straightforward, or is resetting the timing required? i may try and find out how much the shop in atl. charges to dyno tune...if nothing else i could have it dynoed and let them set the timing and my vtec controller...oh ya, btw, how hard is the vtec controller to install? last, would you guys just leave the timing belt cover off? i know a lot of people leave it off to show aftermarket cam gears, but i figure it'd be fine if i left it off w/ the stock ones...gimme ur input, and sorry for the long message...trying to cover all my bases so i don't have quite as many questions next time...help me out and maybe i could get a good message to add to the swap sticky...i'm also going to make a list of all the things i buy extra aside from the swap so i can post a complete parts list to give people an idea...some people go into the swap thinking u buy the swap and maybe 100 dollars in parts...YEAH RIGHT!!!!
              JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

what year helminc should i buy for the engine? would 94 prelude work? also, do i really need one for my accord? those books are stinkin expensive!
                JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                  hey,

Just for clarification, LSD stand for Limited Split Differential, right? That just means that it won't slip as easily? I'm just double checking, i could be getting that from something else because i too am considering the extra $300. I'm not all over the drag strip, but 1/4 times are fun
                  LSD = LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
                  You really only need lsd when cornering! I was told that lsd can slow u down just a lil bit. not a lot!

Comment

Ok first things have someone else put the VAFC in cuz it is a pain. The car u have is non vtec and your new engine is! it sux.
                    Second get a map sensor for a 93 accord along with the iabs
                    you will have to set the timing when u put the motor in regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by 93ACCLUDE
                      LSD = LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
                      You really only need lsd when cornering! I was told that lsd can slow u down just a lil bit. not a lot!
                      Why would an LSD slow you down? LSD resists slip and tries to keep both CV shafts going at the same rate. LSD is good for straight line racing (for serious drag racers a spool or locking differential is more suitable), not just road racing/circuit. In road racing, you will differentiate going around corners, if you didn't you would have wheel-hop and if the corner was not sharp enough, the car would want to keep going in a straight line eventually leading to the outside of the curve. The LSD helps you take off out of the curves better, when it starts get out of differentiation mode and starts rotating the CV shafts at the same rate because it "wants" to be in this mode by default.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

BACK ON TOPIC GUYS!! I NEEDS THE HELP!!!
                        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Did U Forget That It Takes More Power To Work The Lsd Tranny???

Comment

I'd get a LSD over a VAFC you can always get a VAFC later with much less hassle then it would take to get a LSD installed.

You should also convert the timing belt tensinor to a manual one. The automatic ones have a tendency of failing premeturely.
                            *edit*
                            guide to doing the conversion:
                            http://www.collectiveracing.net/cgi-...ST;f=11;t=1093
                            Last edited by pwrusr; 01-19-2005, 08:16 PM.
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

i decided against doing the tensioner conversion for cash reasons and because i will probably only have bolt-ons on this car till i buy something else..then i'll build it and worry about the conversion...few years down the road..as for going w/ lsd over vafc...cash reasons again..i could really use the extra 150 that i'm going to have for parts i need...that'll buy my axle shafts at least!
                              JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Working...
                              X