Should I get this H22a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I get this H22a?

A local guy is selling a JDM h22a for $1500 complete swap with engine, tranny, dist., sensors, harnesses, ecu, AEM fuel rail, and light head work (light port, valve job, new valve guides, shift linkage and cables. No shipping 'cause it's local.
    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Price is right, hopefully the engine is tight and head work good and not over done.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

if you are in the market thats definetly a good deal.
      HSHO #3

Comment

1500? imo go for it. check up on it if you can, see if thers anything wrong with it or it might be stolen. but if everything checks out fine, you better jump on that offer before i do. an extra plus is the intown location, so thers no shipping and any problems you can take up with the original owner himself, not just an email

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

ask them to do a leakdown before you deside to buy.

Comment

what kinda compression numbers am i aiming for? what's perfect and what's good?

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

oh fuck if i was offered that price id go for it....

Comment

the only thing you need to look for when doing a compression check is that the numbers are fairly close together. it doesnt matter if it reads 12psi across every cylinder( even though we know that some thing is wrong if it read twelve). do you know what i mean. Each cylinder should be at the most 10% difference from each other for good walls.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

yea may as well do a compression and leakdown since its local. around 225ish for a jdm h22 I would say. and yea the main concern is they should all be within 10% but I would say no lower then 200. also one thing I've been thinking about is what was done to need new valve guides. because that is pretty hard to do i think.
                  HSHO #3

Comment

Well, I pm'ed him and he said everything was perfect and in excellent condition. I have yet to ask him about testing the compression. It comes with an LSD tranny. yay.

another concern, as far as gettin the swap, what should i replace on the engine while it's out?

And how much do you guys think a transmission swap + engine swap run around (i would have the tranny already).

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

i paid 1100 for installation and tranny conversion.

you should also get a new clutch, flywheel, timing belt/tensioner, balanceshaft belt/tensioner, cam seals, water pump. and basically any part you want now and can afford. everything is going to be cheaper to install if its easier to get to.

Comment

i think accordlude here is selling his h22 setup...i know his setups are superb
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

cockinut dont go on what that guy says about the h22 you wanted to buy from him go on your own judgement I would say buy it from a local shop or save up more to get one from where you dont have to huntdown for your money back if the shit dont work remember he selling it for a reason. Dont be a victim.

Comment

thanks guys for all of your help. truly. I've been thinkin about it and I have money for the complete engine swap (parts only, engine, tranny, ecu, etc.). But i don't have another $1000+ to install it and get my car converted to 5 speed. That'd have to wait another year 'cause my money has to be allocated elsewhere. So, I'm just going to wait on this one and save up about $3500 max for a complete swap. It just sux that no matter what h22 you get, it's all a gamble. some engines are better than others. So, i'll wait on this one.

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

A very wise decision Id do it for ya if you were close so i can run ya and see what that bitch can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X