Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xtd stage 3s one coming, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess i had gotten lucky as well, considering mine lasted 2 years (75,000 miles) on my f22 build it never slipped once, and was amazingly smooth. everything was torqued to spec as always and it made me suprised for a cheap ebay replacement.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

I just put the stage 3 on my H22 and so far so good. only have about 400 miles on it so to soon to tell but I had the same clutch in my b swapped civic and I had about 50k on it when I sold it and it still grabbed like the first day it got put in. However a buddy of mine had one that lasted about 1500 miles but he was on about 25lbs of boost on a d16. I love mine either way. Exedy ftw if you have the $ though.

click to see my ride
      click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

well its a relatively stock h22 now i/h/e i finished the swap at the end of last summer and this summer im going for 240whp n/a
        91 LX Coupe H22 swap, n/a build in progress. "007 CB7"
        I'll smoke your v8 like I smoke my ganja

Comment

240whp na

If that is truley your goal, your clutch needs to be much stronger then this one.

240whp na is not something to shake a stick at. It is alot of power!

and takes thousands of dollars to achieve.

If you are investing that much into your engine why would you buy an ebay clutch?

Get an action clutch, and a good flywheel.

On a second note, you may want to post your build plan on here to get advice for getting to 240 na hp.

It is very difficult to do and only a few people on here have anywhere near that na.

username 2point6 is the only one I can think of that is above that mark that comes to mind.

It will take a lot to get to that much power!

Please do not let this discourage you in anyway, I would be stoket to see another high hp na h22 on the forum, but I have seen alot of people be very dissapointed in the results they get from an engine build.

Regards,

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
            I just put the stage 3 on my H22 and so far so good. only have about 400 miles on it so to soon to tell but I had the same clutch in my b swapped civic and I had about 50k on it when I sold it and it still grabbed like the first day it got put in. However a buddy of mine had one that lasted about 1500 miles but he was on about 25lbs of boost on a d16. I love mine either way. Exedy ftw if you have the $ though.
            For a relatively stock motor, an Exedy clutch would be even cheaper than XTD... You don't need a "Stage *" clutch for something that's not even making 200whp.

Originally posted by tweekers View Post
            well its a relatively stock h22 now i/h/e i finished the swap at the end of last summer and this summer im going for 240whp n/a
            240whp N/A is going to take a LOT of work. That would be high compression, increased displacement, aggressive cams, good portwork, a quality header and intake manifold, and a GOOD dyno tune.
            If you can pull it off, and shed a bit of weight, you're looking at a car that can run low 13s. There will be a lot involved though... you won't be bolting on 240whp N/A.

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
            If that is truley your goal, your clutch needs to be much stronger then this one.

240whp na is not something to shake a stick at. It is alot of power!

and takes thousands of dollars to achieve.

If you are investing that much into your engine why would you buy an ebay clutch?

Get an action clutch, and a good flywheel.

On a second note, you may want to post your build plan on here to get advice for getting to 240 na hp.

It is very difficult to do and only a few people on here have anywhere near that na.

username 2point6 is the only one I can think of that is above that mark that comes to mind.

It will take a lot to get to that much power!

Please do not let this discourage you in anyway, I would be stoket to see another high hp na h22 on the forum, but I have seen alot of people be very dissapointed in the results they get from an engine build.

Regards,
            2point6 is my benchmark for a powerful, reliable H22 build. He was doing about 249whp with the H22 in his CB7. I think 12.8 was his fastest quarter mile time, at about 2600lbs.
            It's also his motor that makes me realize how much goes into it. Scott owns his own shop, and put a LOT of thought and effort into his design (he also blew up a few engines along the way... he learned the hard way that ACTUALLY going with 2.6L was asking for trouble!)

You're definitely right, though. It's going to take careful planning to do it right. That IS enough to discourage anyone that takes it seriously, and anyone who doesn't will end up wasting their money.

240whp NA is nearly 300hp at the crank.

Comment

i got an xtd stg 3 on the way. I was going to get an exedy stage 2 but to save a few bucks i heard they were comprable to the exedy stage 2's. I know theyre a cheaper brand but i bought the stage 1 did some research and heard people say ok thinks bout the 3 not 1 the guy i bought it from sent me the stage 3 kit for the same price...

it comes with a 10lb flywheel, but i doubt ill install it i dont trust cheap flywheels. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this clutch? I want more bite i hope it isnt too agressive. oh and should i upgrade axles? i still got my stock cb axles in lol
              i personally have the stage 1 clutch now. but i did have the stage 2 and when i shifted hard that shit grabbed so hard i used to get whip lash when i slamed 3rd in a stock f22a.the only problem i had was it only lasted 8 months then started to slip.so far the stage1 lasted 1 year and still goin.

my new turbo build

Comment

I'm sure somone is selling an oem type exedy for cheaper but I couldn't find it. My XTD came shipped to my door for less then 150. For the money they seem like a really good clutch imo. I know everyone has their own opinions about what parts to and not to use so thats my .02. 1500 miles into this one and still holding strong but we'll see how it goes in about another 5k.

click to see my ride
                click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

I would GLADLY pay double the price of an XTD clutch to NOT have to drop my transmission again for a few years!

Comment

Been riding on my XTD "stage 3" since 06, although its only been about 20K at BEST

Its been holding up just fine up to this point (knocks on wood) and hopefully it'll hold up another 20K but only time will tell

the cluthc is not aggressive at all, just really grabby. Clutch pedal is not stiff at all and almsot as soft as a the stock clutch I had. Mine is also mated to a 8lb Fidanza if that helps any. took some Getting use to but not long.

Comment

well, once i researched a little more i came to the conclusion that hey, maybe 210 is a little more, attainable?? lol im looking into different setups as we speak.

i got the stage 3 in, i ripped out the old clutch and the throwout bearing was fried, the shift fork was all gnarled and the clutch disc was practically non existent.

funny thing, i already had an exedy clutch in my car and didnt even know just no meat left on it.

but i havent passed the break in period and i like it a lot so far just driving casually and the xtd feels realllll nice i had a xtd stage 2/flywheel in my ka24 setup but i thought they were a nismo brand for some dumbass reason.

Comment

ill get some pictures for u guys, i mean i wouldnt have been able to do my swap if it werent for your guide, i feel i owe you....lol

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7 View Post
                          Been riding on my XTD "stage 3" since 06, although its only been about 20K at BEST

Its been holding up just fine up to this point (knocks on wood) and hopefully it'll hold up another 20K but only time will tell

the cluthc is not aggressive at all, just really grabby. Clutch pedal is not stiff at all and almsot as soft as a the stock clutch I had. Mine is also mated to a 8lb Fidanza if that helps any. took some Getting use to but not long.
                          i had read something like this prior to installing mine and i was a little bummed the pedal was so soft, but it grabs real nice

Comment

The system is hydraulic. No clutch is really going to feel any different. You'll notice more resistance if you have a non-hydraulic cable clutch.

Also, I've heard from at least one member that knows what he's talking about that the pressure plate is actually weaker than OEM. It offers less resistance.

Comment

i had read something like this prior to installing mine and i was a little bummed the pedal was so soft, but it grabs real nice

Its pretty close to stock and it feels good. Just alittle springy but other than that it grabs just fine

Comment

XTD is junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X