Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xtd stage 3s one coming, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xtd stage 3s one coming, what do you think?

i got an xtd stg 3 on the way. I was going to get an exedy stage 2 but to save a few bucks i heard they were comprable to the exedy stage 2's. I know theyre a cheaper brand but i bought the stage 1 did some research and heard people say ok thinks bout the 3 not 1 the guy i bought it from sent me the stage 3 kit for the same price...

it comes with a 10lb flywheel, but i doubt ill install it i dont trust cheap flywheels. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this clutch? I want more bite i hope it isnt too agressive. oh and should i upgrade axles? i still got my stock cb axles in lol
    91 LX Coupe H22 swap, n/a build in progress. "007 CB7"
    I'll smoke your v8 like I smoke my ganja

i don't think i've ever heard anything good about this brand except it's price point.

A clutch isn't something you would want to be cheap about since it requires a lot of work to replace one.

Comment

i had that clutch and i loved it, never once did i have a problem out of it or the 12lb fidanza flywheel i had mated to it.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

ok good ive heard decent things about the stage 3 but not the 1 or 2...im not building a purpose built race car i just want something with more snappppp not looking for top notch.

I hear these flywheels have a lot of runout? any comments or experiences with the xtd flywheels? if it looks ok ill try it but im not sure i trust it

how did the pedal feel with the xtd 3/flywheel??

Comment

verry hard, with the stage 3 you con't ride the clutch, your either in gear or out of gear, it takes a while to get use to it in daily heavy traffic
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Didn't think

If I remember correctly it wasn't that bad in traffic. I don't recall it being an amazing clutch, but for the price if you have a mild build it will probably do ok.

I don't think either of the people I knew running them on an h22 had a problem with them that they themselves did not cause.

I don't think the fidanza flywheel has timing markings on it though. So that's a bummer.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I had it in my built f22 turbo and beat the shit out of it. Never had a single problem!
              2008 3.5SE Altima
              1992 EX Coupe-FAIL

Comment

ya i got it today, i worked in a foundry before, and as aheat treater.... the flywheel is junk, not work the steel its made out of. warped, dinged. rusting. no timing marks

Comment

mine was fucking awful. i wish you the best.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                    mine was fucking awful. i wish you the best.
                    I remenber when we put your action clutch in , that xtd was so torn up it was better used as a frisbee lol
                    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                      I remenber when we put your action clutch in , that xtd was so torn up it was better used as a frisbee lol
                      it wouldnt fly it was so fucked up, it wasnt even a good frisbee.

maybe scrap metal? speaking of which...i still have that thing sitting around, ill snap some pics

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                        it wouldnt fly it was so fucked up, it wasnt even a good frisbee.

maybe scrap metal? speaking of which...i still have that thing sitting around, ill snap some pics
                        Probably a good idea , people need to see how horrible that clutch was lol
                        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

i never had an issue on any of my cars with the XTD stage 3 kit. I ran it on my ls integra with a 150 shot of nitrous, my turbo'd f22, and my b16a integra. Thing grabbed everytime. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Maybe just luck? lol

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn View Post
                            i never had an issue on any of my cars with the XTD stage 3 kit. I ran it on my ls integra with a 150 shot of nitrous, my turbo'd f22, and my b16a integra. Thing grabbed everytime. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Maybe just luck? lol
                            probably, due to the amount of clutches ive seen like mine id assume you got pretty lucky.

ill get pics asap.

op, id advise you to google that name and then make a decision before you waste the time putting it in.

i had a stage 4 in my stock h22 and its nothing but metal left after 3-6 months of use.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by tweekers View Post
                              i got an xtd stg 3 on the way. I was going to get an exedy stage 2 but to save a few bucks i heard they were comprable to the exedy stage 2's. I know theyre a cheaper brand but i bought the stage 1 did some research and heard people say ok thinks bout the 3 not 1 the guy i bought it from sent me the stage 3 kit for the same price...

it comes with a 10lb flywheel, but i doubt ill install it i dont trust cheap flywheels. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this clutch? I want more bite i hope it isnt too agressive. oh and should i upgrade axles? i still got my stock cb axles in lol
                              Comparable to Exedy?

Wow... where did you get your information?

XTD is garbage. Absolute trash. I had that exact same clutch. It literally destroyed itself, and everything that was attached to it. Pressure plate, flywheel, throwout bearing, pilot bearing... all toast in about 50,000 miles (less, actually) I would never NEVER put that shit in my car again. It also had absolutely no gripping power, even for my fairly weak H22 (making no more than 185whp, I'm sure) It was installed correctly by myself and cp[mike], and I was careful to break it in properly.

Exedy is basically an OEM brand. EXTREMELY high quality. I've driven a car with an Exedy Stage 1.5, which is damn near a stock replacement, and it felt much more direct than my piece of shit XTD "Stage 3".

If you're not making over 200whp, NA especially, you shouldn't be concerning yourself with stronger clutches anyway. An Exedy Stage 1 will hold that much just fine. That would've been a better way to save a few bucks, rather than wasting your money on a piece of garbage.

Comment

Working...
                              X