v6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v6 swap

im only 16 but dad is like master mechanic and i want to if its legal to swap to a differnt engine particular a v6. is there alot of paperwork to be done at the dmv and fines to pay because my dad can do the work but hes not sure if its illegal or if the paperworks costly

depends where you live. and 6cyl would be to way to much work though ever thing is possible. So basicaly pic a different swap
    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 01-06-2005, 03:09 AM.

Comment

i live in california and i also was thinking of swapping a 8 cyl for 6 cyliner to save gas would it be legal and is it legal in ur state

Comment

i bet your dad is a muscle car guy and things no 4 cyl can ever make any kind of power

"there is no replacement for displacement" <----bullshit

a V6 would be worthless...for the price it would cost to put on in, you could have a 4 banger thats twice as fast

of course you would be probably the only one with a v6 cb7..if thats what your going for

either that or...you wernt asking about putting a v6 in a cb7 at all and it was just a general question...in that case, ignore everything i said

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

now i know putting a v6 would be a waste but can anyone just tell me if theres alot legal paperwork to be done if i do it or another type like a f20 in california or in ur state

Comment

All you need to have is, your car registered and inspected and be able to pass emission in some states.

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

Working...
            X