prelude h22a vs accord h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prelude h22a vs accord h22a

is the h22a swap really worth it.. couldnt u just get a vtec prelude? i know that the prelude is heavier but it is only 200 pounds! is there something special that happens to the power when u put it in the accord or something has anyone raced a vtec lude?is there much difference? one thing that is definately better in the accord is the looks.i hate that ugly prelude look. well if anyone has any info please share

Im not sure i understand your post all that well.

QUESTION: " is the h22a swap really worth it.. couldnt u just get a vtec prelude?"

ANSWER: Yes it is worth it. Most of us had the Accord first, and found out we could swap a lude motor in. If we could have afforded the Prelude when we bought our Accord, MOST of us here would have bought the Prelude instead.

QUESTION: "i know that the prelude is heavier but it is only 200 pounds! is there something special that happens to the power when u put it in the accord or something "

ANSWER: Dude, 200 lbs is like having a fat kid hiding in your trunk. If 200 lbs wasnt that big of a deal, there wouldnt be such things like carbon fiber hoods and trunk lids, aluminum strut tower bars and titanium exhausts. Everything would be steel, or iron.

QUESTION: has anyone raced a vtec lude?is there much difference?

ANSWER: Stock for stock, there isnt all that much of a difference. It really all comes down to the driver and the condition the motor is in when the two cars go head to head. However, i have friends, one with each car, and when they mess with each other, AT THE MOST, one of them might only get half a car length between the other. So its honestly hard to say.

As for the looks of each car, i love them both, although i dont like the headlights on 97-01 Preludes. I like the long spread out beam, not the grouped light on those ludes. Otherwise, i think both cars are straight out sexy.

Comment

From my experience, everytime I've raced a BB, I've edged out by about 2 car lengths. Maybe 'cause JDM power gives a little more and I maintain the hell out of my swap. IMO it's worth it. Just seeing peoples faces when they see you hang with or beat vtec 'ludes is priceless. A four door grocery getter that rolls w/ the pack.
      O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

true, true.................. i like the way u guys think....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Ive beat a lude before on the highway, i pulled pretty well from it.

Comment

h22acb7 man calm down jus a bit i was jus wondering!thx fo da info tho. yea da other thing is the time and energy u use to put the engine in and u could still screw up sumthin.hey how much did u pay for everything for the swap?cos here in nz i can get a complete engine package with lsd tranny for $2499 nz dollars which is like us$1800 n a prelude doesnt cost much more than that.

i still hate the prelude looks tho :thumbsdow

Comment

Originally posted by H22ACB7
              Im not sure i understand your post all that well.

QUESTION: " is the h22a swap really worth it.. couldnt u just get a vtec prelude?"

ANSWER: Yes it is worth it. Most of us had the Accord first, and found out we could swap a lude motor in. If we could have afforded the Prelude when we bought our Accord, MOST of us here would have bought the Prelude instead...

:
              whoa, settle down there fish. and i for one, would NOT want a prelude. if i had more money, i would spend it on my cb.

and as far as being worth it... if you have the money, its all up to personal preference. same motor different bodystyle.

Comment

What are you fools telling me to calm down for? I didnt mean anything offensive or anythinng like that at all by my post.

I understand that some people would rather have an Accord over a lude, especially for the room the Accord has over the lude. Things like that if you have a family. All i was saying is that most of us bought a CB because for the price, it has looks, space, and tunability. But I for one would have definately jumped on a 97-01 Prelude had it been the same price as my Accord at the time I was looking to buy my car. Get it???

Comment

Well...

The Lude is sportier. It has 2 doors, a useless backseat, a higher insurance bracket, and sportier body styling.

The Accord is a family car. Especially the CB7. There was never a "sporty" model for the CB7. It was strictly for utility and low-end luxury. The 200lb weight difference is just something that happens to be... and happens to be useful for us.

The most common swap in the CB7 is the JDM H22. That engine has 10hp over the USDM H22. So, the weight difference and the extra power would probably give the CB7 a .25 second advantage over the USDM Prelude. I would say that is significant.

Other than that, it's just a matter of preference. Some just like the looks of the CB7 better! (and a VTEC Prelude isn't all that easy to come by cheaply... they're more valuable and less common)

Comment

Originally posted by H22ACB7
                    What are you fools telling me to calm down for? I didnt mean anything offensive or anythinng like that at all by my post.

I understand that some people would rather have an Accord over a lude, especially for the room the Accord has over the lude. Things like that if you have a family. All i was saying is that most of us bought a CB because for the price, it has looks, space, and tunability. But I for one would have definately jumped on a 97-01 Prelude had it been the same price as my Accord at the time I was looking to buy my car. Get it???

Yeh it's preference more than anything else. I personally think the 97-01 lude is sexay. But for the record I've pulled on 2 of them one from a standing stop the other on the freeway. Hell I had more trouble beating a GSR (for a while ) Also my motor is a 2000 usdm motor. Same HP as a jdm motor
                    FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

ok i read al u guys post and shit. 200lbs is a big difference. i would personally wouldve bought a lude either it would be a 93-96 ot a 97-01 cuz they are sweet as hell. more jdm parts and what not. they are pricey cuz its a sport car. no back seat, heavier, more insurance is right something that i wouldnt like at all. a cb7 verus a bb4 would be a close race but the cb7 would win by a half a car or not more like others say weight is the main thing in racing .

Comment

I've always been under the impression every 100 lbs is a 10th in the quarter?

Comment

eh as far as that goes yea ive raced a h22 accord and a h22 prelude. the prelude hung wiht me a lot better than the accord which i waxed of course than theres the issue with its the driver etc.. but anyway my boy did put a h22 prelude engine in an accord but he always joked bout how much he wish he has just bought a prelude cus they are sexy cars thats why i have them.
                          my car is slow

B00$teD h23 500+hp of pure power mmm

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            I've always been under the impression every 100 lbs is a 10th in the quarter?
                            Yeah, that's the rule of thumb... Notice I said .25 above .1 for each 100lbs, and the .05 for the extra 10hp. Just an anally-extracted figure, but I don't doubt that it's fairly accurate

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Just an anally-extracted figure

hahah thats slang at its finest, ladies and gentlemen

whoo! finally an official cb7tuner member!

Comment

Working...
                              X