Sport Button w/H22 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport Button w/H22 Swap

Im doing an H22 motor and tranny swap on my automatic accord and im wondering if the sport button will still work on the h22 motor and tranny?

probably not cause the tcu for our accords uses the sport button but the h22 one doesnt.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

if you keep the TCU then ya

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

it would only work with the accord tranny and tcu. Using the accord tcu on a prelude tranny will work but the tranny does not recognize the sport button..

Comment

Hold up! Ok if you use an Accord TCU on an H22a tranny, its going to act the same but will shift at 6k. You dont want this unless you want to manual shift. Do note this TCU will shift at like 3.5k rpms and 4k rpms in sport mode. The H22a TCU will shift it at 6k without sport mode and all the way to redline with sport mode. It also has a regular shift pattern of 2k not in sports and 3.5k in sports. So in order for the H22a tranny to shift by itself all the way to redline, you will need to definately use the H22a TCU. It depends on your preferences. However you will need to go inside the shifter and tie wrap the lock or it wont shift out of park if you dont. This is when you use the H22a tranny. I hope I answered all of your questions.

Comment

The H22 automatic TCU DOESNT have sport shift.
            It's a direct plug-n-play in the 92-93 CB's (No Sport Shift light)
            90-91 cant really use the H22 TCU. The shift lights and the main wiring are configured differently.
            The 92-93's have to switch around two wires so the Shift Lock solenoid works properly. Other than that the TCU works prefect.
            The H22 tranny is quite a piece aswell.
            Very short geared
            Your man for wiring solutions!
            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CrunkRuffRyderz View Post
              Im doing an H22 motor and tranny swap on my automatic accord and im wondering if the sport button will still work on the h22 motor and tranny?
              this is on a 1990 lx coupe accord.
              on my auto 93 jdm h22a and jdm TCU the sport button still work. if the button is off the h22 MP1A tranny upshift smoothly and quickly around 2000-2300rpm with less then 20% throttle. With the sport button on the same jdm h22 mp1a lsd tranny will shift more rough and at higher rpm around 3500rpm even when throttle is less then 10%. might depend on your jdm h22 TCU, but I know my "sport button still work".
              Last edited by blazen_accord; 11-19-2009, 08:14 PM.
              90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
              < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

The dash light will always work, its connected straight to the dash...
                As for the sport shift button reaching the TCU, its not programmed for sport shift...I place your experiance on the tranny shifting without the TCU's support.

The 92+ TCU's have sport shift integrated at all times...but not
                They go into a "Sport Mode" automaticly shifting higher.
                The JDM MP1A LSD (or not doesnt matter) Tranny will shift much differently than the original Accord one.
                The tranny shifts without a TCU when pressures hit a certain level. (based on your pedal angle) Less pedal angle (less throttle) the higher the engine rev's before it shifts (less fluid flow)
                I put the "P09" TCU in my accord when it was auto and it didn't work, it shifted at about 6500 and my shifting never changed regardless of sport mode on or off...part or full throttle. I dont think the TCU was really even working. The transmission was just "dumb shifting" Its not designed for the 90-91 Shifter style. Technicly "based on the 90-91 dash setup" the TCU shouldnt even be getting a signal from your shifter when its in D4.
                Useing the TCU on a 90-91 is most likely damaging your TCU, its literally grounding a circuit that isnt supposed to be grounded.
                Trust me, I have ALL these diagrams hanging around.
                90-91 grounds all the shift lights with a resistor to the body, 92-93 loops the D4 light back through the TCU and the D4 light is used as the "Code light"

Now unless you've re-wired your car, I dont see this TCU working...your shift light is a uselss pretty light bulb with an S on it.
                By the way I have a 1990 LX Accord Coupe as well
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                X