No announcement yet.

G23 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The make and model pwns me at the moment, I didnt take much account for the car except it said 2500 V6 and it was a Honda C25 with the Honda Badging removed.
    I was quite bizzare, Ill try to find more info

Edit: I found out what it was lol! Its a Rover 800 and 827!
    It was called a Sterling...thats it a Sterling. You know like fake silver
    Came with the C25, apparently de-bored
    The last of the Sterlings came with the C27...odd.o

While were on G23 Topic, How would an H22 block and stock F22A6 head do?
    Last edited by CB7Man; 12-02-2009, 05:27 AM.
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Any headswap isn't a great idea. However, an H22 block and F22A6 head (especially if you modify the head) would result in a higher compression F22A, technically... so it would be more beneficial than the H22 head on the F22A block.

And yes, I thought maybe you were referring to the Sterlings. They were pretty much Acura Legends, at least similar mechanically. Sadly, not very well made cars. I've seen a few in junkyards. They do look pretty nice, though!

Comment

is that the acura vigor swap

i once had a vigor haha car was fun
        CB-K for the win !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Now. The way to make an H more suitable for boost would be to replace the FRM sleeves with iron sleeves, and run proper low-compression pistons. The "G23" simply introduces a whole host of new potential problems.
          So what would you say of built applications? I believe anything can work if you build it right. And when you say potential problems, do you have anything specific that you may have previously experienced?
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

"Built" usually means resleeved... which removes the FRM sleeves as a factor with the H22.

As for the frankenstein headswaps... it will work if you know what you're doing 100%, and do everything right, ensuring it all works together. 99.999% of the people on this forum PROBABLY aren't capable of doing that... so it's an increased risk when building a turbo motor.

Plus, there's absolutely NO good reason to fully build a motor using mismatched top and bottom ends.

Comment

Plus, there's absolutely NO good reason to fully build a motor using mismatched top and bottom ends.

Lodollar has about 600 good reasons, lol.

But yes, "built" normally does mean sleeved in a normal H22. But alas, 99% of frankenstein owners can't front up the cash or have the advantage of being able to have a car on that much amount of downtime. So this is the alternative. However, I don't necessarily agree nor suggest that they should stop there. A bore, with pistons and rods would make these swaps definitely alot more reliable not to mention provide more gains then just throwing it all together. And quite frankly, these guys should be talking about the F22A/B, not the F23A.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                Lodollar has about 600 good reasons, lol.

But yes, "built" normally does mean sleeved in a normal H22. But alas, 99% of frankenstein owners can't front up the cash or have the advantage of being able to have a car on that much amount of downtime. So this is the alternative. However, I don't necessarily agree nor suggest that they should stop there. A bore, with pistons and rods would make these swaps definitely alot more reliable not to mention provide more gains then just throwing it all together. And quite frankly, these guys should be talking about the F22A/B, not the F23A.
                Lodollar didn't start with a frank with the intention of building, though. When you build the motor, you can replace the sleeves and increase displacement... making any possible need for a different block totally unnecessary. If you're going to to a full build, you can easily minimize the potential for error by keeping a matched head and block.

I love how people pick out the one or two successful examples to support these idiotic swaps... example motors built by people that have already shown themselves to have abilities and knowledge above and beyond the ignorant kids that usually ask about them. lodollar and prelittlelude (surprised nobody has mentioned him yet) have successful turbo franks. They are the only two I know that are on any similar level with the average tuner. Hardly an overwhelming number.

Comment

I love how people pick out the one or two successful examples to support these idiotic swaps... example motors built by people that have already shown themselves to have abilities and knowledge above and beyond the ignorant kids that usually ask about them. lodollar and prelittlelude (surprised nobody has mentioned him yet) have successful turbo franks. They are the only two I know that are on any similar level with the average tuner. Hardly an overwhelming number.
                  Bwahaha deev, you're no fun...I'm telling mike on you, lol.

I only mentioned lodollar since he's I guess the "most successful".....I could have mentioned prelittlelude or Dep22build as well. I plan to be the next succesful tuner in this serious of frank setups, but in my own special way. After all, we all got to where we are today because of the pioneers ahead of us.

Comment

Those who are willing to learn, work hard, and blow things up are the true pioneers... and those people get my respect. It's still a very unrelaible thing to do for a noob... especially when they don't have a backup car!

Mike is supposed to be a mod... I keep forgetting to do it.

I'll bash frankensteins... and I respect Mike (and the others that have really worked hard at it... even that troublemaker WikkedV16...)

I'll bash stock-block H22 boost... even though I respect mozzandherb... and I'll actually be doing such a setup for a short time myself, in my own fashion.

I'll bash "I need VTEC!" people who don't appreciate the F22A... even though I have an H22A myself and never actually modified an F22A EVER...

In general, I like to present the negatives... because it's all too easy to see the positives, and get sucked into a project that you aren't prepared to follow through with.

Comment

Working...
                    X