Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b1 swap experience needed - HELP!

Ok heres the 411:
    94USDM F22b1 being swapped into 92 Accord LX manual. Engine is in but will not run.

What has been done:
    F22a wire harness used and wires for v-tec spliced in
    F22b distributer (internal coil) used
    F22a EGR box being used

Prob#1: engine will turn over, has good spark , 130psi in all 4cyl, but wont run
    Prob#2: what ecu should I be using - 92lx, 92ex, or 94ex? I have all 3
    Prob#3: krakakru21 swapped pins A6 & A11 (EGR & O2 sensor) in the POA. Will this be the same for the other 2 ecus as well?
    Prob#4: should I be using external coil or internal? what do I need to do to convert to internal coil if thats what I need to do (I read many places it doesnt matter, but remember this is to get the fahker started and running) I wanna know where the problem lays before doing something like wiring a MSD digi ingnition.
    Prob#5: need info soon - i forgot to mention this is being done at local import tuning shop and they've run into a brick wall. I know this swap isnt as popular to have done at a shop(someone else do it) as it is in a home garage(diy) but hey I'ma noob, I'll admit it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice........

If the import performance shop can't figure out the problem, then I'd refuse to pay..there is no excuse for them agreeing to do the job and then not being able to finish becasue they can't figure out the probelm. Thats ridiculous!!

Comment

I agree Fushigi, but when I take my car back I'm still left this engine that is installed and will not run.

Where do you think the problem lays: distributer? flow through the emissions regulator?

Comment

when i did the swap i had to swap the pins because the car would not run. swapped the pins around in the 94 accord ex ecu ONLY! and it ran fine. make sure you are getting plenty of fuel and spark and it should start. you need to use the 94 accord ex on that engine only because the other two ecus will not work. also make sure all the grounds are on the engine and secure becuase something little like that will cause it not to start.
        www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Thanks for the insight... now I know where to start my trouble shooting.

Comment

Working...
          X