B20a5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B20a5

Will the B20A5 swap in 91 accord, what have to be done if anything?

as far as i know(not to sure) the b20 is a stroked b18. if you want a 2.0l the f20b has more power. i dont know on price difference. the f20b is a destroked debored h22 but has iron sleeves so you could boost if you wanted

Comment

Originally posted by bshshondaman06
      as far as i know(not to sure) the b20 is a stroked b18. if you want a 2.0l the f20b has more power. i dont know on price difference. the f20b is a destroked debored h22 but has iron sleeves so you could boost if you wanted
      if i'm correct, the jdm F20b does not have iron sleeves and is harder to boost considering it has a slightly higher compression, and is higher revving than the h22a...with its cams, and tb, plus the 8200 rpm, thats where it gets its power.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

f20b has 11:1 compression it can handle small amounts of boost safely around 5-6lbs. it has a redline at 7200rpms i think and that where it gets its power. and it does not have the frm sleeves. so i figured they were iron like the other f series engines.

Comment

I know i just ask was it possible to swap the B20A5 cause we was talking about this kids lude.

Comment

Umm..Honestly man....B20A is not a very reliable engine...Talking from my own experience..Hehehe I used to have a 3rd gen Lude, and I ended up swapping JDM B20A 3 times in 6 months......They don't rev too high, and they're nothing like the B16A or B18C and other B-series engine....At first I thought they were torquey...But...I've actually raced one with my stock F22A1, aand turned out that I got more torque, 'coz I just wasted him off the line, and he couldn't keep up with me after...Hehee

My friend also boosted his B20A last time...With only 6psi, his engine lasted about...2 months or so??? It's pretty bad..

I'd say stick with the F22A

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

LOL all he asked was would it fit, he didnt ask how reliable it is or anything like that. LOL. Any B series will not drop into a CB7. You will need custom mounts. I dont know if someone like HASport or the likes makes them, because, like people have stated, it is not a good choice of motor for a CB7.
              If all you want is to be "different", then go ahead and go for it, otherwise, its a poor choice. The F and H series are what you want, and although you are technically only .2 away from their displacement, it DOES make a difference in drivability.

Comment

hahahaha yeah, I guess I went a bit off topic..Hehehe Well, what I'm trying to say is, even if you can fit a B20A5 into ur Accord, it wouldn't be worth it.....Putting a B20A5 into our CB7 is pretty much a downgrade....hehehe....But I don't think it's possible to swap a B20A into the CB7 tho....I'm not sure...

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

i almost stayed on topic....oh well sorry

Comment

Already got H23 in suppose to have H22a1 but my boy to lazy to bring it. We was just playing around an started wondering if it would fit.

Comment

I got frustrated reading this... If the answer is there, I missed it...

The simple answer is NO. The B series engines will not fit into the 91 Accord without custom mounts. There are no aftermarket mounts for these engines. They don't have enough torque to properly move the 2800lb+ accord, so they are not great swaps.

It CAN be done (someone crammed a V8 into a CB7 before) but there is no point, unless you just want to be original.

Comment

Dude did you miss my entire post or what?

Comment

Originally posted by H22ACB7
                          Dude did you miss my entire post or what?

Apparently! I pretty much said the exact same thing, didn't I? That's what I mean by getting frustrated... no one else on this thread seemed to be staying on topic and aswering the question. I skimmed right over it...

So yea... what he said.

Comment

LOL hahaha no problemo. Yeah i know what you mean, in fact it was the exact same reason i posted, cuz i read that whole thing like ".......rriiiggghhhhhtttt.........". Then when i saw your post i was " " No biggie, it was kinda funny.

Comment

Working...
                            X