jdm h22a water pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm h22a water pump?

ok so ive went to autozone to get a water pump and twice its been the wrong one. my motor is a 94' jdm h22a. do you think i have to get one for the h22a4 97-01 prelude?

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

the water pump for my JDM F20A DOHC utilized a 19-tooth (19T) drive gear where as the USDM F22AX gear is a 20T. When I had to replace my water pump, I got a water pump re-manufacturer to press fit the original 19T gear in place of the 20T USDM gear.

Count the gears on your water pump, is this the issue?
    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
      the water pump for my JDM F20A DOHC utilized a 19-tooth (19T) drive gear where as the USDM F22AX gear is a 20T. When I had to replace my water pump, I got a water pump re-manufacturer to press fit the original 19T gear in place of the 20T USDM gear.

Count the gears on your water pump, is this the issue?
      actually i threw away the old w/p but i remember it had more teeth than the one from autozone, and it was also a different design so i couldnt even put the new one from autozone on even it i wanted to.

Comment

I never had a problem with changing the water pump.. Always went to honda for it.

Didnt really know there was a difference.. I had owned 5 Hs so its wierd to hear this lol

Comment

They are probably giving you the wrong pump.

All H22 pumps are the same. He might be giving you an H23 one. Tell them you need a pump for a 95 Prelude VTEC. You've probably been getting one from the H23.

Also...1 tooth difference doesn't matter, lokuputha. THe same issue you had is the same issue with the F22B. The F22A pump fits, but has 1 more tooth than the stock pump. It just spins a little slower, but there's never been any over heating issues.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Your probally telling the guy 94 Prelude Si Vtec
            Hes just sees a 94 Prelude Si
            under it, it says 94 Prelude Vtec Si

Dont buy an Autozone waterpump, just buy the real deal from Honda. Its only a couple bucks more anyway.

My water pump says P13 23T on it
            does it have 23teeth then? I've cloesd up my timeing covers so I cant look
            Your man for wiring solutions!
            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
              Your probally telling the guy 94 Prelude Si Vtec
              Hes just sees a 94 Prelude Si
              under it, it says 94 Prelude Vtec Si

Dont buy an Autozone waterpump, just buy the real deal from Honda. Its only a couple bucks more anyway.

My water pump says P13 23T on it
              does it have 23teeth then? I've cloesd up my timeing covers so I cant look
              ya maybe its the wrong one, but twice now at two different autozones? and they both specifically asked me vtec and i said yes, vtec! but i'll jes buy a honda one anywayz. better quality huh

Comment

Theres just certain parts you absolutely must go to Honda for in my opinion. And the waterpump is one of them.
                FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                Pm meX
                I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                H22A Swap
                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                  Theres just certain parts you absolutely must go to Honda for in my opinion. And the waterpump is one of them.
                  ive always used gates water pumps.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X