h22 and cai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 and cai

for those of you with the h22 swap, are u using a cai for an accord or a prelude? is the prelude one larger in diameter? which prelude cai fits, 92-96 or 97+?

i'm planning on doing a swap in the future, either h23 or h22. i want to get a cai now which i can also use with the swap. which one should i get. will the prelude cai fit with the f22 or do i have to wait until i get the swap? thanks

accord = 2.5", 92-96 lude = 2.75", 97+ lude = 3". choose which one you want. if its relatively stock then yea I guess 92-96 would be good. but I think the 97+ would be more beneficial (again depending on mods)
    HSHO #3

Comment

i think i might go with the 97+ cai. will it easity fit in my accord now with the f22 engine? or will it only fit with a h22?

Comment

I'd be careful about going to the 3". Velocity plays a big part in making power, along with volume and density. I'd expect that an H22 making 200+ would be okay with a 3 inch pipe, but anywhere below that I'd stick with the accord/prelude straws. I plan on doing the swap next summer; I know it's far off, but I'll check it out on a dyno when I do.

Comment

yea

you could loose power with a 3in CAI.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

I don't feel that you would lose too much HP, but definately feel the differance in torque. I'd stay with the 2.5 or 2.75. Personally I would go with the type s intake like fizz, or try to manufacture a ice box intake.
            Pictures of my Car
            Check out my Interactive Service Manual CD's

More Coming Soon!

Comment

hmm I just learned something a bit new Im using my cold air intake from my stock cb7 engine on to the swap damn that whitsttling noise though

Comment

I use a '97 Lude AEM CAI on my car. I had to remove the plastic cover that encases the barometric and map sensors. I painted all the sensors black so it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb and of course the hole next to the battery tray needed to be enlarged a bit. I also shaved the edge of the battery tray as well so the stock battery could be used in its stock location.

Comment

i just got an ebay intake. 3" made for the 92-96 preludes. fits fine, except you'll have to cut out a big hole for the intake to fit... close call, but it made it.
                  Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 11-05-2003, 03:57 AM.

Comment

This is related but not direct with the topic. Can you guys answer this?

Situation:
                    Installing H23 intake manifold onto F22A1 w/11:1 comp. ratio NA build-up.

1) Is H23 throttle body 60 or 62mm?

2) Which AEM CAI you suggest, 2.75" or 3" for my application?

3) What is stock F22 throttle body size?

thanks
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                    X