F20b vs H23a vs F22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20b vs H23a vs F22a

Ok guys so I saw an F20b DOHC Vtec(200hp) at $999.99, similar to the H22, then i saw an H23a doch vtec (220hp) at $1099.99, then a also saw lol an F22a (130hp) at $899.00 what should i go for?? or should i just stay with my f22a and boost it? i really want a vtec motor but i just dont know if swaping on these two engines would be worth it.....f20a is pretty good so is the h23 but at the same time the f22 is also good.....what you guys think, let me know because i want to do a swap.....and i need some ideas from my fellow members!!! thanks guys!

keep reading, there are tons of threads about every motor you can think of on this site. The motors you listed are all very different, so it depends on your goals really.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      keep reading, there are tons of threads about every motor you can think of on this site. The motors you listed are all very different, so it depends on your goals really.

i will im just gonna think harder to lol

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39834

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

H23a VTEC only has 200PS, not 220PS

my friend is swapping an H23a VTEC complete with tiptronic into his JDM CB6.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

h23... you get alot more for your buck. i dont know anything about engines. im just judging by the price.

Comment

why would you get another motor when your F22 makes 149.9whp?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                well for the fact that i want a DOHC Vtec in the hood, but i might not do it....

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
                  H23a VTEC only has 200PS, not 220PS

my friend is swapping an H23a VTEC complete with tiptronic into his JDM CB6.
                  x2 the 220hp is a huge myth or dumb miscalculation. eitherway u look at it fact is the oem h23 vtec only made 200ps
                  frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                    x2 the 220hp is a huge myth or dumb miscalculation. eitherway u look at it fact is the oem h23 vtec only made 200ps

well thats what it said on the sale list....but i might not do it....i have a low budget right now lol

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post

yea rite i wish it wud atleast make that at the crank...thats fantasy bro...you aint getin more than 130 on a stock f22ax

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      yea dats absurd the H23A DOHC V-TEC packs 200 horses and about 2 more ft/lbs than the h22a plus its obd2 itll be time consuming trying to get that thing converted to obd1 but it does look sexier rite?? haha

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                      well thats what it said on the sale list....but i might not do it....i have a low budget right now lol
                      dude i found an f20b for 500$ dollas just the short block....jus throw an h or f series tranny on that shit...

Heart and Brain Transplant fail I had to pull the plug

My new best FRIEND!!!

Comment

ONLY 200?

each has potential and only you can determine what you want...

f22 has excellent potential...remember...it's low compression...that hides hp. Up the comp to h22 level and you'll gain some power.

I'm thinking about h23 with serious head work...or just over bore the f22 when I re-sleeve (someday )
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by CATCH24 View Post
                          yea rite i wish it wud atleast make that at the crank...thats fantasy bro...you aint getin more than 130 on a stock f22ax
                          that is what the OP had in his signature: 149.9whp F22A

Comment

I'd go with the H23A DOHC VTEC because of more tq for the JDM SiR Wagon and its rarity.
                            Last edited by nusdogg; 08-08-2009, 11:08 PM.

Originally posted by toycar
                            Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

x2 on the rarity of the h23 vtec.

And lets not forget "PS" is not a direct carry-over of "HP". 1PS is not equal to 1HP. An engine with 200PS has like 190HP.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X