This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto to 5speed swap

as the title says i just got another cb.
    its a 91.
    and i wanted to take my engine and trans. out and put in the other car.
    the reason is becouse the body on the 91 is in super good shape.
    and was woundering how hard it is to swap a 5speed trans is to put in a non 5speed cb.
    by the way my other car is a 5speed so i do have eveything i nead to do the swap.
    am i going to have to drill any hole or anything

plz help

R.I.P 93 cb7

anybody?????

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

You can take a look at the stickys! There's all the info you need to swap from auto to manual!

It is not that hard if you have some knowledge in mecanic and wiring and reccomend you to have someone to weld you the bracket for the manual tranny mount!

And you wont have to drill holes!

Comment

if you have that 5spd as a donor then yeah you have all you need there

except for maybe the trans side mount

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Since you have a donor car, you have pretty much everything you need! your only delima is the mounting bracket situation. I did it the hard way! click on my sig and scroll down. I did a nice explanation on where to weld the manual bracket. You have both cars. you can measure and see for yourself. since you are using a trans from an Accord Im pretty sure that this is the prceedure you should take. Oh yeah, I did use a drill. you have to drill the spot welds to chisel the bracket off. If you need more assistance shoot me a PM.

Comment

ESP makes a motor/trans mount kit so that you don't have to weld anything...
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X