F22b1 swap info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b1 swap info

Ok first I would like to say that I didn't take pics during my swap. So I'm just posting pics and answering some of the common questions asked about the F22b1 swaps. It's just as easy as swaping an H22 IMO and everything bolts up the same. If anyone is confused on about anything or need pics PM me.

1.The dizzy from the f22ax can work due to it being internal though I'am not sure if the external will work,the alternator work as well.

best pic I had

2. I had no issue with the driver side engine mount I didn't have cut part of the mount at all, and yes all the mounts line up and the f22a tranny can be used with the f22b1 engine for manual tranny's the only issue will be that you'll fall out of vtec between shifts.

ECU'S that can be used are POA which is from 94-97 accords not worth b'cuz vtec is not noticable,P13 from 4th gen preludes which does not have to be chipped, P06 AND P28 ECU's that are from honda civics have to be chipped to run the engine correctly. Remeber these ECU's have to be obd-1 to plug in the factory accord harness.

Now to the techical part the throttle cable,and wiring. What I did with throttle is cut the plastic piece of the throttle cable from the CB width wise
    like the black line in the pic and place it on the CD5 throttle cable or as I found out afterwards just cut the rubber end off the CB throttle cable.

Mount the cable at on the throttle body first. Then at the bracket you'll have to set at just about maximum tension like so

Besides wiring vtec the only other thing that needs to be wire is IACV (IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE) You will have to cut and splice to extend it so that it can reach the IACV due to it being behind the Intake Manifold.

The stock F22B1 exhaust down pipe will fit without cutting the crossmember though it is really tight in clearence. (BUT IF INSTALLING AFTERMARKET HEADERS YOU'LL HAVE TO CUT INTO CROSSMEMBER)

And also the F22B1 downpipe is shorter than the F22AX downpipe

The fuel rail.You do not have to extend the fuel line or move the fuel filter at all. How I did the fuel rail was like this I placed the fuel pressure regulator at the end of the fuel rail and put the other part at the begining of the fuel rail where the fuel line hooks up.

Fuel pressure regulator

Fuel line hook up

You can use the EGR valve and MAP sensor off the F22AX with no issues.

The reason why I did this thread was because Acclude's thread info no longer has working pics,and I have notice a few beginers or other members asking for info for this swap.
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 07-14-2009, 03:09 AM.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

i dont understand the throttle, could you re word it somehow?

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Which harness did you use here? From what i understand either will work, If you use the B1's then wiring vtec is easier and cleaner looking. No issues with mounts/brackets, im assuming you used the CB7's mounts/brackets/trasnsmission for the swap.

Comment

Thanks for the writeup. Acclude's thread was valuable, and it's a shame his pics stopped working. Even though I hate this motor, it's still nice to have the info on installing it!

Comment

great thread and info. but y would you wanna swap a f22a for an f22b??
          before & after

Comment

It's really only good as a replacement engine. It has very little performance potential (though it seems to do well with turbo... but the port configuration requires a real manifold, not a cheap hacked DSM one like the F22A guys can use)

The F22B is a very good engine in terms of reliability and efficiency. It's not a low-quality motor... it just doesn't have much to offer for tuners.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 jdm h22a View Post
              great thread and info. but y would you wanna swap a f22a for an f22b??
              i did the swap because i cracked my block and was broke, not for performance gains.

Comment

i wish i would of known that part where u didnt had to cut the lines before i did my swap i had to extend my line
                mine is the f22b2 the non vtec one and i also did it cuz my f22a4 had gone out
                CB7_HULK SMASH!!!

Comment

nice!!! wat year is the engine? im planning to do a swap like tht. no need foe h22 need something reliable u know

Comment

Nice write-up bro. The F22B1 is a torque monster; especially, in a CB7 which is lighter than a CD5. I used to have a Bisi Level 2 cammed B1 but then I swapped it out for an H22. Props man.

Originally posted by toycar
                    Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Torque monster? 5lb/ft more than the F22A6?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Torque monster? 5lb/ft more than the F22A6?
                        I'm thinking the same thing.
                        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

what wire harness did u use is the f22a1 ok

Comment

Originally posted by 1993accord View Post
                            what wire harness did u use is the f22a1 ok
                            Yes the stock wiring works.
                            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I was going to do this swap soon I bought a f22b1 for 20 bucks with 130xxx on it as far as I can tell the h23 I'm will bolt up to the head but has anyone ran the h23 I'm on the f22b1. Will it run properly?

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Working...
                              X