auto to 5sp swap, I read the diy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto to 5sp swap, I read the diy

I reread the auto to 5sp sticky over and over with a few qs. I have a 91 ex auto and a f22 5sp to swap in. I have a p03 ecu. Can I use a auto ecu with a 5sp? I don't quite understand tranny mounts. Can't I just grab a trans mount out of a accord 5sp? I know of the front and rear mounts being not as stiff but ill do that later. I don't have a brake accel cluster, I plan on cutting my brake pedal to size due to cash restraints. I do not have pressure plate bolts. What size and thread do I need? I'm going to use grade 4 bolts. Can I get them from a dealer? Thanks

Parts list
    Act 4 puck clutch and pres plate
    F22 trans
    Shifter
    Clutch pedal
    Dampner
    Slave cyl
    Intermediate shaft
    Cvs
    Master cyl
    Speed sensor
    Starter

from what i have heard over and over again, auto vs manual ecu does not matter unless its after the year 2000, i believe. you can get the fly wheel bolts from the dealer, but youll get them cheaper at a junk yard. not sure about the transmission motor mount, but when doing my buddys 1999 integra auto to 5speed swap, we had to buy the already made auto-to-manual transmission mount online. or, as ive hear before, some people use the original 5 speed tranny mount, and buy the other end (end that is welded onto frame), and they remove the old auto mount, and weld the new manual mount in its place, cheaper route.

Comment

You will only need the driver's side axle. Passenger side is the same on MT and AT. If you can't afford a MT brake pedal, don't go to the dealer for the pressure plate bolts. If you are getting the tranny from a junkyard, you can probably get those bolts for free. Plus you'll need the flywheel to crank bolts too. They are different from the AT flexplate bolts.

Comment

Can I bolt up my AT speed sensor into the trans? Also, the explicit speed performance auto to 5 sp kit, will I need a 5 sp bracket to go in between the mount and the trans or does it just bolt on?

I'm going to match up flywheel and pres plate bolts at the hardware store, all grade 4. Going to stick wire in to determine depth of bolts then use.

I do not have a clutch cover or engine stiffener. Apparently the stiffener goes in between the trans and block?

I'm getting overwhelmed as we do not have any hondas in any local junk yards or scrapyards. I'm planning on buying a 5sp junk car and using that as parts are cheaper that way anyhow.

Thank you for helping.. First swap ever.

Comment

Where are you located in Indiana? I live in the Chicagoland area. There are PLENTY of CB7's around here! Seriously! There is a Pick n Pull right in Hammond IN. There are about 17+ Accords out there! I performed this swap and it wasnt that bad. Wasnt easy either! LOL! If you want PM me and If you are close, I can lend a hand

Comment

some compnay makes the adaptor kit for the swap so you dont have to cut the tranny mount i would highly recommend you get it. some company out of cali .. i will do some research for you if you already dont know about it.. i think d112crzy told me about it after i did my swap.

just my .02.. well .50

Comment

True true, I think I'm going to pick up a adapter mount so I don't have to cut and weld. I might as well pickup a whole set of poly mounts since they are only $200 or so. The ACT clutch disk looks pretty worn (2-3mm from the rivets) so I may go ahead and replace. I lucked out and matched up pressure plate bolts from my local hardware store, grade 10 bolts so I think they should hold. I will pickup flywheel bolts of the highest grade and depth that will work so I don't have massive damage later on from flywheel seperation. My pres plate bolts sit flush behind the flywheel (as I'm sure some of you would think I'd opt for short bolts that would tear out ) when bolted down. Just need to get down and dirty and do the swap, I've kept myself busy painting waiting for the cash and parts to come in link. Waiting for a slave cylinder, speed sensor, starter, and nuts/bolts. The jackass who removed the master cyl and damper decided to cut the steel lines so it is going to be a custom bending job or stainless steel braided.

Comment

Originally posted by zorobyte View Post
                I reread the auto to 5sp sticky over and over with a few qs. I have a 91 ex auto and a f22 5sp to swap in. I have a p03 ecu. Can I use a auto ecu with a 5sp? I don't quite understand tranny mounts. Can't I just grab a trans mount out of a accord 5sp? I know of the front and rear mounts being not as stiff but ill do that later. I don't have a brake accel cluster, I plan on cutting my brake pedal to size due to cash restraints. I do not have pressure plate bolts. What size and thread do I need? I'm going to use grade 4 bolts. Can I get them from a dealer? Thanks

Parts list
                Act 4 puck clutch and pres plate
                F22 trans
                Shifter
                Clutch pedal
                Dampner
                Slave cyl
                Intermediate shaft
                Cvs
                Master cyl
                Speed sensor
                Starter
                1. yes you can use a AT ECU on a MT.
                2. you can uses the regular 5spd CB7 tranny mount. but youll need to weld on the 5spd bracket on the chassis. just get an ESP one or the 94-97 accord 5spd one as a temp untill you get the ESP one
                3. you can get those bolts at the dealer if oyu want. but they are common in the JYs man

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                X