HELP, F20a Swap wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, F20a Swap wont start

NOT sure whats going on now... I put a new Main relay in, got fuel pressure , using the PT2 ECU. Tested + imputs to be sure the ecu is turning on... CEL doenst come on at all, even when putting the key in to let you know it works... Pulled the dash, bulb is good.... went to ECU found on here it says its A13 blue/white... My A13 is Green/red.... but when on there nothing i do changes the out put there...like when jumping the blue plug the light doesnt flicker... but i guess that could be cause the engine isnt running yet... but i figured it weould tell me what isnt giveing me a good signal from one of the sensors...

Tested and i get +/- at my dist... cant really test for spark with out some help.....

Anyone have some Spair time and want to help get a fellow CBer back on the road...
    Any more ideas on what to check, and how to check it...

Tacoma, WA....
    . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
    WiredMotorSports
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

is the dizzy external or internal, how about your original dizzy?
    did you do anything to the MAP sensor?

Comment

Check the map sensor
      JDM Parts for sale

Comment

old motor Ext. New Int. Using int at the time tryin to go ext but cant get the screws off to swap inards...

Map sensor.... which one is that?

Should I just pull all the sensors off the old motor and use them?

And that would cause it to just not start at all instead of running like garbage?
        . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
        WiredMotorSports

Comment

you should use the map sensor off the old intake manifold as it was working. It is the sensor on the back of the tb/plenum. As for your dizzy if your old motor was external just get a h23 or h22 external dizzy so you don't have to jump wires or anything but if you have to just put a 30 amp fuse in your external plug and you should be good.
          F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
          My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
          Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

He doesn't have dizzy problems and he never asked about the dizzy....learn to read, Dave.

Does the motor turn over at all? Was the CEL light working BEFORE the swap?(did it come on with key on?).

Spark is easy to test. Pull out a spark plug, put it inside the spark plug boot, put the boot on your windshield and get in the car and turn the motor over. It should spark if you have spark.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ya ill put the plug in like that and check for spark... the Cel light doesnt do anything... as for before, i honestly cant remember...
              Ill swap those sensors and see what happens...
              Ill post in a bit..
              . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
              WiredMotorSports

Comment

ok swapped the Map sensor (white stemed plugged into the Intake manifold)
                ... nada....
                converted dizzy to ext coil... nada....

Got a few local ppl coming tomorrow to try and help... ill let you know what we find...
                . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                WiredMotorSports

Comment

Home and out side for those who wanna come play...
                  Ill keep checkin back for responses..Pm me your number and ill txt you the address...
                  . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                  WiredMotorSports

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7 View Post
                    you should use the map sensor off the old intake manifold as it was working. It is the sensor on the back of the tb/plenum. As for your dizzy if your old motor was external just get a h23 or h22 external dizzy so you don't have to jump wires or anything but if you have to just put a 30 amp fuse in your external plug and you should be good.
                    So ya after checking out the repair book, the MAP sensore is not the one on the back of the manifold, thats just the air temp sens. the MAP is in that black box pass side of fire wall, with one of the vacume lines leading to it..

Ill see if i can get one from a yard and check it out this weekend
                    . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                    WiredMotorSports

Comment

Found a Dizzy that was Damn near brand new.... internal accord one, swapped guts into the H23 shell... looks good.... nothing.... ???

So ya....
                      . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                      WiredMotorSports

Comment

Thermostat ground on?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yah Im with joser..grounds and block grounds, always a major factor!

unless you put the dizzy in 180 out.
                          I have done it before, hehe!

Im headed down to that area...I sent you a pm if you want me to stop by.
                          Joser is working with gage, so I can help ya out see if I can figure something out.

you got a pm with my phone number.
                          Im 2 hours from seattle, and headed down now.
                          If you want help call me.
                          Last edited by drummersteve7; 06-28-2009, 12:52 PM.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

problem fixed for those that are curious.

had f22 shaft. so it was 90 degrees out.

all better!
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

Dang you got that posted not even two seconds after i PMed you lol

Ya when you are told you can use your F22 dizzy insides... Use just the electrical parts not the actual shaft because they are 90deg. off of eachother and will cause you SO much head ache... ofcourse it only took like ten min after Joser got there to figure it out.. Much props...

Thanks to all for the imput and help getting one more Cb back on the streets ...

Last edited by According2Me; 06-29-2009, 07:58 PM.
                              . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                              WiredMotorSports

Comment

Working...
                              X